Unusual OEM Request

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Elvis42, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    Hi,
    I have an unusual OEM request...does anyone have a true OEM CD....you know the one you get with a Dell, HP, etc...with all the bloatware, icons, wallpapers, support, etc that gets put on your PC....I am searching for a an OEM CD with all the stuff on it...I have searched all over the net and all the "so called" OEM's are not true OEM's...I am hoping someone can upload one somewhere or send me some links to an true OEM CD posted somewhere.....doesnt matter which manufacturer (Dell, HP, etc)...I would really appreciate any help....
    Thanks,
    John

2. tds

tds MDL Junior Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Dell Home

Dell home sp2.

Pro sp2 - need to borrow from friends

Attached Files:

3. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    The bloatware you refer to, is third party software and vendor applications. This is added to the computer restore image used on system restore CD's/DVD's and hidden partitions. It is not present in the OEM installation Cd's.

Take MSDN "retail" ISO image, add only the oem licensing files and you have an OEM royalty CD without any third party software....OEM's use MS tools to integrate drivers too.

To get bloatware you need a restore image.

4. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    I can 'barrow' a HP cd from work. I don't think it has the extra crap on it though, I think it is a plain installer, minimal extras. I'll check it when I goto work 2day and if it's got the extras I'll rip an iso and stash it online somewhere...

5. Elvis42

Elvis42 MDL Novice

Sep 30, 2007
    #6 Elvis42, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    (OP)
    my apologies, you are correct..I am searching for a restore image...with the third-party software...I knew what I was thinking, don't know why I kept referring to an OEM image..lol...again any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks,
    John

6. SirSilentBob

SirSilentBob MDL Senior Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Elvis42,

I checked the cd I had. It doesn't have all the extra programs and junk on it. It's just pretty much a plain oem install cd.

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    You wont get a restore image from anyone these are normaly a hidden partition on machine and not on cd/dvd.

8. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
  9. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #10 xinso, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2009

1. LENOVO ThinkPad all series Recovery discs for XP and Vista (CHS)

2. LENOVO XP HOME SP3 RCD (CHS)

10. andrew84uk

andrew84uk MDL Novice

Jun 20, 2009
    Why would you want to add bloatware to a system, your ment to freshly format with a retail/oem/vlk disk and then add what you need removing any necessary changes to the system.

11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ andrew84uk, Actually there is only the $OEM$ folder on Dell XP cd's with a few logos e.c.t the advantage of sp3 is it has sata drivers slipstreamed into it.

12. schooluser

schooluser MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2009
    #14 schooluser, Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2009
    I have a copy of the hard drive contents of a Systemax install but it isn't bootable.

If you want that let me know. It's an install, but it's based on XP Home SP0 Floppy disk installation, and I only copied the files, I didn't make it into an ISO because it needs to be copied to a HD to work.

I restored it trying to get at the OEMBIOS files but apparently it didn't use the systemax oembios files so it was useless.

Edit--

I will upload this to rapidshare so anyone can have a go at it. If someone can get it to work and figure out how to slipstream it as well as change the oem, I would appreciate it, because it would help me put it on a friends system that can't boot from cd.

Edit--
    Rapidshare limits to 200mb so I am uploading it via a lycos email account. after 10 downloads or 30 days it will be deleted, so I am private messaging anyone who wants it with the lycos link.