Unwanted USB detection sounds in Win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AvrilGuitar, Oct 16, 2011.

1. AvrilGuitar

AvrilGuitar MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2011
    Hey all, I have Win 7 Ultimate SP1 installed via the loader by Daz. Recently I am getting some unwanted sounds, which seem like the sounds you hear in when Win 7 detects a USB drive. Also, the computer freezes for 1-2 secs! How to get rid of these irritating sounds?

Thanks in advance! :)

2. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    #2 rezhakzer, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
    Hi AvrilGuitar,
    just out of curiosty did you happen to get a pop up as well saying something like
    "this device can perform faster"
    if so it could be that you need to update the usb drivers,
    i get this same thing happen every now and again,
    more so after inserting my forza motorsports 2GB memory stick that i got with the limited edition forza 3 game,
    hope this could be of some use to you,
    let me know,
    respect,
    rezhakzer.:orb:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AvrilGuitar

AvrilGuitar MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2011
    Hi, rezhakzer.:orb:

thank you for replying, and i'm sorry for being late, but i think the problem lies in Human Interface Devices! Now, i don't know what it is, but from device manager, they seems to be completely updated, but still sometimes i see an error sign (exclamation sign) whenever the usb sound plays in the background. when i troubleshoot hardware and devices, it finds the following problem: hardware changes might not have been detected! but when i scan for hardware changes from device manager, it finds nothing! please help! thanks in advance!

4. AvrilGuitar

AvrilGuitar MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2011
    my usb keyboard and mouse are getting frozen several times a minute! win 7 is telling me the usb drivers are up to date! what to do?

5. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    your usb ports might be broken,do you have a PCI USB Card Adapter that you can try?

6. AvrilGuitar

AvrilGuitar MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2011
    no, but i need to know for sure that they are broken! for my mobo is in warranty!

7. rezhakzer

rezhakzer MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...