Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds [UPDATED 6/22]

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by badboy, Jun 22, 2015.

1. badboy

badboy MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. orlaf

orlaf MDL Addicted

Jan 22, 2015
    #2 orlaf, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
    Ok, so no genuine license...no party?

But at least him could release a new build to make up for the error.

3. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    And if you upgrade to 10 without a valid license it will indeed self destruct if you don't buy a new license ot go back to your old OS.

4. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    #4 Shenj, Jun 22, 2015
    Hes new post invalidates hes old one instead of clarifying stuff, way to go. I wonder how much flak he got internally :p

So by the "new" rules this is no longer possible and people who clean installed will have to re-install W7/W8 and then upgrade, that's back tracking :p Now this old post is a lie :biggrin:

I’ve gotten a lot of questions from Windows Insiders about how this will work if they clean installed from ISO. As long as you are running an Insider Preview build and connected with the MSA you used to register, you will receive the Windows 10 final release build. Once you have successfully installed this build, you will also be able to clean install on that PC from final media if you want to start over fresh.​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. badboy

badboy MDL Junior Member

Jan 7, 2009
    Oh Billy Boy

Attached Files:

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    .......remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.

To me eventually means that it will be functional with some limitations which are not dramatic. Some customizations cannot be done but who cares .....

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    You just need to be on the slow ring with a insider MS account and you can pirate W10, you will only have the desktop watermark which you can remove with a tool and as you are on the slow ring you will get slow ring preview builds but i imagine a lot of people would be on the "slow" ring anyway... so.. :p

8. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    so for non genuine one must be permanent guinea pig with attached MSA .. for the rest install 7or 8.1 upgrade from there and get windows 10 free

that I why im already in my genuine win 8 waiting for 29/07

9. michaelmyers

michaelmyers MDL Member

May 28, 2015
    Source? Don't care for people who make up lies

All Gabe did was re-word what he originally said. He can say it differently 100 times and it still doesn't change the fact that if you become an insider and stay opted in, you get it free. Which is what they said a couple months ago and what I've been telling people since then. Nothing at all has changed. People want him to come out and bluntly say: "yeah if you are a Windows pirate right now and become an insider and install the build cleanly, you're good to go if you stay opted in and if you pay close attention to how I said to install the builds you can opt out and still have the RTM build all for free".

He can't just come out and say that though. If he does, people will then say they did it as a sign of weakness. That Windows is a failure. It's a trap they are stuck in. Only soo many ways to explain it without mentioning the pirate turned legit for free part. After the (unwarranted) hate Windows 8 got at release, they are doing whatever they can to gain back anyone they lost.

10. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    what new changes this is the same BS they been dishing out for past few weeks!!!!

11. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Source? Hes new post, it's right there.

“I want to continue as a Windows Insider!” If you want to continue as a Windows Insider past 7/29 there is nothing you need to do. You’re already opted in and receiving builds in the Fast or Slow ring depending upon your selection. This is prerelease software and is activated with a prerelease key. Each individual build will expire after a time, but you’ll continue to receive new builds so by the time an older prerelease build expires you’ll have received a new one. Since we’re continuing the Windows Insider Program you’ll be able to continue receiving builds and those builds will continue to be activated under the terms of the Windows Insider Program. We provide ISOs for these builds for recovery from any significant problems, but they are still pre-release software. As part of the program we’ll upgrade Insiders to what is for all intents and purposes the same build as what other customers will get on 7/29, but that will be just another build for Insiders, and those who stay in the program will simply get the next build after as well.

“I want to opt out of the Windows Insider Program on 7/29.” If you decide to opt-out of the program and upgrade to the 7/29 build you will be subject to exactly the same terms and conditions that govern the offer* that was extended to all Genuine Windows 7 and 8.1 customers. This is not a path to attain a license for Windows XP or Windows Vista systems. If your system upgraded from a Genuine Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 license it will remain activated, but if not, you will be required to roll back to your previous OS version or acquire a new Windows 10 license. If you do not roll back or acquire a new license the build will eventually expire.​

12. yahyoh

yahyoh MDL Member

Dec 6, 2012
    Wtf this BS , anyway who cares MDL guys gonna find ways to active Windows 10 with KMS or whatever :clap::D

13. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    So, What is point that we signed up Windows Insider Program in the first place ??? Is WIP useless right now ? I hate they bait and switch for nothing.:mad:

14. yahyoh

yahyoh MDL Member

Dec 6, 2012
    they have always used us and gave us nothing back...damn M$ :death:

15. TeamOS

TeamOS MDL Guru

May 27, 2013
    #15 TeamOS, Jun 22, 2015
    thats right :clap::clap::clap:

16. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    But again we are both just guessing as to what it means because there is no detail in anything he says.

17. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    yep, the term "eventually" is most fishy ... lol :D

18. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    the thing is don't have genuine windows 7/8 ? and you are insider ? must remain permanent insider to get pre release builds with attached MSA

want have option to remain with local account or msa ? need genuine windows and upgrade from there and only get final builds

19. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    All too much effort to worry about..any pc store bought in the last 6 years has a valid os to upgrade from. Just get an oem iso and restore it. Anything older is probably too under powered to run it anyway and anything you made yourself you will just have to bite the bullet and get one of those $35 oem disks to move up from.

20. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    geez, that's dogfooding 3.0 :shower: