Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by badgeruk, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badgeruk

badgeruk MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010
  2. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    Yes, about 3 months back... try searching next time :)

3. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    #3 FattysGoneWild, May 18, 2010
    Last edited: May 18, 2010
    If you validate through the MS website. Is there a way to remove it easily? This is under Windows 7. Seems I found it with the uninstall feature. I wonder if it leaves traces....

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    It seems to be resurfacing for some reason - anyway Daz's new loader fixes it and I uninstalled and hid it. It seems that the continual updating it does is working as my friend's computer, which had been working with Dell cert and key since November broke on Monday and was flagged as non genuine - it was using an older version of Daz's loader - I only use the best.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    My guess is it would depend on how old. Prior to encryption? Old enough to be using the very first Lenovo key? Things are always getting tweaked to make the SLIC placement as near perfect as possible, 1.8 seems to be almost there as I only know of one system it doesn't work with at the moment and that could be unrelated and due to a bad BIOS mod (picky Intel system).

Great to hear 1.8 sorted everything out for your friend though :biggrin:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...