Update Fujitsu Esprimo E5625 bios to support AMD AM2/AM3 C3 revision processors

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maison1, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Maison1

Maison1 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2015
    The Fujitsu Esprimo E5625 (mainboard D2724-A1x) bios has only agesa AGESA V3.3.2.4 support. The E5635 (mainboard D2904-A1x) bios has AGESA V3.3.2.7 with microcode patch 1043 to support AMD C3 processors. With the latest bios for the E5625 AMD C3 processors are not supported by Fujitsu.

How to proceed:

Download the bios for the esprimo E5635 from the fujitsu website.

Rename the bup file extension to zip and unpack the archive,

Use snipac decompressor from Veit Kennegieser to unpack the ocf file.

Delete the first 112 bytes and the last byte from the decompressed ocf file with a hexeditior. You should now have a bios file with 1.048.576 Bytes.

Switch to DOS by using a bootable usb stick. Use in DOS the programm flashrom.exe to flash the file with the following command:

flashrom --verbose --programmer internal --chip AT26DF081A --write FSCbios.bin >write.log

During flashing no flashing onging information or information about a successful flash will appear. To check if flashrom has correct flashed into the bios chip use the "-- read" command and include a bios backup file name as a command for flashrom. The USB stick can be safefly put after reading back the bios while within DOS into a different computer to checkt the result.

Additional information:

To have a bootable usb stick it is good to use the by fujitsu provided usb stick bios image which creates a 64MB freedos boot drive.

The bios update does only work with flashrom. I tried several tools before.

I don't know how to modify something in the bios due to the structure does not completely match with the usual phoenix bios structure.

2. peaci

peaci MDL Novice

Jan 11, 2016
    Hello, I have tryed to mod the bios for my E5625, but without succes.
    Can you please provide me with the modded file for E5625? (if you have it).

I would appreciate any answer from you. :worthy:

Best wishes,

3. Maison1

Maison1 MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2015
    Hello,

where did you hang when modding the bios?

Regards

4. MrMeowstic

MrMeowstic MDL Novice

Dec 7, 2018
    I had the same trouble with Esprimo P5625(motherboard D2721-A13) recognizing Phenom X3 720 BE, even though Phenom 720(non-BE) was supposed to be supported by its BIOS. So, I've just found this post and followed the method to flash a newer BIOS from D2901-A and it worked! In my case the SPI flash chip was SST25VF080B.