update info for ie 8

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kmr1685, Jan 23, 2010.

1. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    sorry for this post first,:p the matter is my win 7 ultimate x32 machine downloaded patch for ie8 yesterday from m$, i installed the update but new thing i noticed is, it installing the update after a reboot, starting windows boot screen. i like to say is, it is not installed before shutdown or after shutdown like win vista, this totally different, then after starting the os (the starting windows black screen is there) then the update installed and it says 65,353 or more than that registry entry has been edited:eek: it says (instruction displayed in the screen) ok this normal or i am only seeing these things in my pc. i do not know, any way my pc run with out any problem. everything is seems to be fine.
    ps: thanks advancely for any input.
    :D:D

2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I'm very confused...:confused:
    You mean the update begins before the "starting windows" animation???
    I receive the same update and I had to reboot too, but the updating sequence was the normal: phase one with windows running, phase two after logoff and three after reboot (same sequence as Vista).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dgriff20

dgriff20 MDL Junior Member

Apr 22, 2008
    Just ran my update and everything was norm. windows 7 ultimate x64.

4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    That same thing happened to me too on my sisters pc running legit genuine windows 7. He is talking about when you reboot and you see the black screen with the win7 logo in the center glowing. Right below that logo it was saying that it was adding registry items. Kinda like when you first install windows 7.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. RedSpider

RedSpider MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Interesting stuff.... You guys use loaders on your PC?? Mod bios??? I manually updated 2 Windows 7 computers and everything went same as any other update. Both of my computers are activated with RemoveWat21.

6. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    It is normal to see that registry update I always have it after I do the Windows update from a fresh isntall on my restart

7. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    It sometimes happened with vista here if an update didn't succeed to install propperly. Then before windows boot it gave a black screen with in the upper left corner some stuff displayed about registry keys being edited. After that it rebooted and made a new attempt to install the update.
    So maybe it's just a crappy update that won't install propperlyon a lot of systems.

No wierd things with that update here btw.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I actually have a legit pro retail key so no loader/bios mod for me although my bios is modded just in case lol.

9. kmr1685

kmr1685 MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2009
    i do not want to confuse anybody :)

hi there everybody :D sorry for the late post but my fact is i really do not want to confuseo_O anybody posting something. mean while already someone posted when starting windows, boot screen appears then a line appears in between windows logo and starting windows line. then it display a line adding registry entry or something. my windows is win 7 x32 ultimate activated through RemoveWAT by hazar.(really a good tool ;) you know to activate wondows os garbage*)
    (*sorry for that word, it will surely reduce the value of the garbage has.;))
    :D

10. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
  11. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
    What's the fuzz? As said previously in this topic this is normal