update installation - enterprise... still i don´t get it.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by sauronxxx, Aug 5, 2015.

1. sauronxxx

sauronxxx MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    #1 sauronxxx, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    i have windows 10 enterprise installed and i have set the automatic group policy to "2".

now today there is a new big update released (KB3081424).

i pressed the check for updates button and the update was downloaded instantly.

is it normal that when i manually check for updates that i have no choice to postpone the download?

i want it the way that windows checks the update and shows me what it is and only THEN i decide if i want to install it.

2. sauronxxx

sauronxxx MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    so it is ok that when i press to check for updates the updates are downloaded and installed immediately.
    this is the normal behavior with group policy setting "2" for automatic updates?

i thought maybe my group police rule is not enforced or something else is wrong.

3. 2574

2574 MDL Junior Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Yeah I have mine at 2 as well: notify for download and notify for install. Note the title of that setting, "Configure Automatic Updates," is referring to the background service that tell you about updates. There should be a setting in gpedit.msc called "Configure Manual Windows Updates" which doesn't exist obviously.