Update KB3035583 should be removed

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Apr 9, 2015.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. timster

timster MDL Senior Member

Aug 23, 2009
    so, remove an update that notifies a user of a free update?

3. SNaRe

SNaRe MDL Senior Member

Apr 8, 2009
    It seems harmless. Since I haven't seen it yet and doesn't consume any CPU right now I am ok with that.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Not EVERYTHING of Windows 10 is or will be free! That update is for to promote the Windows 10 Sale for the time it's launched as 'golden'! Some user's like and other dislike such promotion and looking at many post against everything from MS on this forum only, there will be many who didn't would like that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be! But who knows?! Not to predict anything, it's just that such apps could be used as an trojan horse!

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    This update is meant to get people over to W10 (somehow gotta tell em eh? don't be such a fool, this is like the 8.1 update 8.0 users got with popups and s**t) and for another this is the wrong section, this belongs into W7/W8 not W10 :rolleyes:

8. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Windows 10 is a Trojan???

9. potjevleesch

potjevleesch MDL Addicted

Aug 7, 2010
    I installed yday KB3053898 and KB3053902 on 10.049, since then mail, calendar, contacts apps stopped working does anyone know how to repair them ?

10. maya77

maya77 MDL Member

Aug 30, 2009
    To reinstall Mail, Calendar and People:

• Run Windows PowerShell as an administrator.
    • Run the following PowerShell command: Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Reinstall Mail, People, and Calendar located in the old store (not the new, beta version).

11. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    #14 BigW, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    To be honest citing any Bild-Article only shows that you haven't any clue what you are talking about. (allthought I haven't expected that from you) Bascally they make money out of fear-mongering of highly speulative "journalism". They dumbing down and heavealy simplifying every "article" they have. In the recent plane-crash in France they insulted everbody and everything they could to sell a few more exemplares. This reached in a boycott from some chains to not sell the Bild in this time where anyting insulting from the plane-crash was on the front page. They have to preceift as total fearmongers!

I looked at the "article" and must say this is a masterpiece of fearmongers and selctive information.

Headline: "Microsoft installiert ungefragt Werbeprogramm" literly translates to "Microsoft installs adware without asking"

On scentence with a striking logic: "Wer auf seinem Rechner eingestellt hat, dass empfohlene Updates automatisch installiert werden, hat es also bereits unwissentlich auf seinem Rechner." translates to "Everybody who enabled install recommended updates automatically has installed this update unknowingly on their system."

Their logic: If I changed the default-setting to install recommended updates automatically I can't possiblly know that recommended upadates are installed on my system automatically.

My logic: If I check this checkbox that I WANT to install every recommended update automatically I KNOW that this is done by Windows. If I don't want that to be done I don't check this box and change the default settings!

And now many of you will say that MS changed from optional to recommended but this fact is ommited in the whole article. This shows that they are cluless in what they are writing because this fact makes MS look bad and I can understand why people get upset whith this. This article completlly misses the point why people really dislike this situation!

Another scentence: "Problematisch: Selbst wenn man das Programm deinstalliert, wird es bei der nächsten Suche nach Updates erneut angeboten ..." translates to "Problematic: Even if you deinstall this update it will show on the next search for updates" wrong: You can disable an update from not showing up anymore!

The rest of the article is on how you remove the update and uncheck the box you altered befor to get recommented updates automaticaly.

12. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Seems to be that you understand German better than I or you're a German or German is your native language!

Never mind, fact is that All News Papers daily publishing Rumors, etc., etc.! That's the Spiegel, Stern or whatever name they have in Germany. And that's around the world the same. Compare Bild to an 'normal' Thai News Letter, Bild is at least on the same or even better level!

The only reason I posted those were that many users and members of MDL complaining a lot about Adware and condemn that!

And to note, I accept that other humans have the right to express what they thinking is good or giving infos away about something which isn't mainly liked by the majority. As I'm an human who is imperfect (and like to be just that) I try to be objective all times and use polite words while communicating with others and expect that others doing simple the same, but judging over others.

13. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    What with KB3044374 ? It's installed automatically when installing windows 8.1 update 3.

14. Skaendo

Skaendo MDL Addicted

Sep 23, 2014
  15. Laniakea

Laniakea MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2015
  16. bludgard

bludgard MDL Member

Jan 4, 2011
    F-in LOL!
    Finally someone see "it" for what it is.
    +1000