update KB971033 X-64 Based Systems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kaos420, Feb 24, 2010.

1. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
  2. dogfox

dogfox MDL Novice

Mar 4, 2008
    i'm running windows7 64 bit and have installed that update and have passed validation ok ..that is using daz's loader 1.7.7

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Don't install it even if it doesn't de-activate your system.

It is designed to spy on you by continually updating itself and then reporting back to M$ so even if it doesn't catch you now it may in future.

It serves no purpose other than to try to screw you -

So why install it if you don't have to ????

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Thats what i failed to understand ever since this 'update' was released.

After all it will only aid Microsoft in perfecting their countermeasures, which means it might eventually backfire on all of us...

5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #5 WinFLP, Feb 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    The only thing that boggles my mind more than people installing this optional update is people who are STILL using the lenovo key, and not only that, but try to validate with it.

But anyways, continually update means once every 90 days, unless triggered by genuine gated download.

The following interesting stuff is stored in the registry:
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies\AdminObject\InboxSchedules\1DB04001]
    "Schedule"=hex:40,07,00,00,2a,00,00,00 ;snip datastream

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies\AdminObject\Store]
    "RunOnce"=dword:00000001
    "UGUID"="*snip GUID*"
    "MachineId"="*snip*
    "FirstValidation"="0"
    "HROffline"=dword:00000000
    "TotalValidations"=dword:0000000d

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies\AdminObject\Store\*GUID*]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Activation Technologies\AdminObject\Store\*GUID*]
    "NumberTimesNonGenuine"=dword:00000002
    "TimeNonGenuine_Start"=hex(b):70,f3,fe,27,ad,b5,ca,01
    The thing is storing several unique numbers, and how many times it has been non-genuine. This means combined with stored data on the server, they can easily see machines that once didn't pass with a Lenovo SLP key, that now magically pass with another SLP key (assuming the key gets passed back to them).

6. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Well im sure most of those who do either arent even aware that it has been craplisted or they have installed some 'scene release' where it was already included and thus never gave it much thought in the 1st place.

But to install, voluntarily and knowingly, an Anti-Piracy measure on a non-legit system is a whole different caliber as it goes totally against all common sense. I mean in this case everyone knows that its sole purpose is to deactivate your system if found non-genuine and yet everyone runs not walks to install it. (And im not talking about 'testers' here i might add.) In fact it was such a popular 'article' that countless people couldnt even wait to install the *pre-release* of it.

I dont know, but this always reminds me of the guy who happily plunged a knife in his throat and then wondered why he was bleeding so bad. I mean sure, who would have thought that plunging a knife in your throat could actually be harmful to your health?

7. kaos420

kaos420 MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    lol well i didn't install. just basically wanted to see what was the deal. Im on the dell key anyway not lenovo..lol. figured maybe not installing would mess up future updates...I always read them before installing to see whats what...

8. dmillergv

dmillergv MDL Novice

Jul 13, 2009
    So far the D--- Key has passed muster,