[Update and Support] Rufus USB Tool

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by user_hidden, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    All because of a bunch of i****s who have nothing better to do. :wallhead:

2. 2cmp

2cmp MDL Junior Member

Apr 2, 2018
    Akeo, i cant find the "image option" aka w10-to-go on last version, can you point me pls?

3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    @Akeo

Thanks a lot.

Do we still need to disable Secure Boot during installation if the ISO was larger than 4GB in GPT/UEFI mode?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    @Akeo

Thanks a lot for your hard work and for the best tool made ever since sliced bread.

Quick question, do we still need to disable Secure Boot during installation for ISOs that are above 4GB as it was in the past few versions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Akeo

Akeo MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Err, are you going to be asking that every time there's a release now? Because, no offence, but it's going to grow old really fast...

If you don't see any news of the contrary then you should assume that any existing behaviour is unchanged.

6. Anemisme

Anemisme MDL Novice

Nov 28, 2018
    Awesome, thanks for maintaining and developping a great tool.

7. igormclven

igormclven MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2017
    Once again, Thank u for your work :3

8. darrylhadfield

darrylhadfield MDL Novice

Mar 11, 2009
    I would humbly suggest updating the first post - or, asking to have this thread archived, such that you can start one where the first post identifies current releases.

I'm loving Rufus - enough that I'm going to make a donation to FSF in your name as a result.

9. Sajjo

Sajjo MDL Member

Feb 6, 2018
    #415 Sajjo, Mar 30, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    @user_hidden started this thread, maybe @Yen or someone else in the staff could transfer ownership for editing OP to @Akeo
    Food for thought:)

10. Akeo

Akeo MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2013
    I am, but updates to WppRecorder.sys as part of KB's are completely pointless as the issue is with what happens when you use the WppRecorder.sys that comes from an ISO. As long as Microsoft hasn't released a retail ISO, that people can download, with an updated WppRecorder.sys, what they do during in their in-band updates is irrelevant and has no impact whatsoever on fixing the Windows To Go problem.

Now, the minute you tell me there exists a new retail ISO that people can freely download, with an updated WppRecorder.sys, then I'm interested...

11. Akeo

Akeo MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2013
    For what is worth, I have just tested Windows To Go using on of the latest Window 10 19H1 insider ISOs (Windows10_InsiderPreview_Client_x64_en-gb_18343.iso) and it looks like Microsoft have fixed that WppRecorder.sys issue.

12. mic4126

mic4126 MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2012
    Not completely pointless, at least you can install update before the first boot using dism/powershell to solve the bug or even repack the install.wim w/ the update but it is more work to do.