[Update] Rufus USB Tool

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by user_hidden, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Akeo

Akeo MDL Member

Dec 10, 2013
    Answer: Because more people asked for it to remain active between sessions than the other way round. Remember that this is a toggle, so if you want to disable it, just press Alt-E again. You certainly do not have to edit your rufus.ini file or the registry to disable it again.
    Or if you don't know if it's enabled or disabled, just press Alt-E a couple of times to find out, whilst looking at the status bar from Rufus.

Remember that designing software is always striving to strike a balance between contradictory requests from many users, and, whereas you may think that everybody will want a temporary BIOS+UEFI mode, the reality might be that you are in the minority and that a much greater number of people will want the opposite...

2. Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis MDL Junior Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Thank you for your feedback.

3. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Sir,

Sub : Feedback & Request.

(i) Rufus is not only a great app for writing distros but its a powerful Format Tool as well. Rufus has saved me 4-5 pen drives. The pen drives were not listing in the 'Computer' folder. They were listed in the inbuilt Disk Management but it was not possible to format the drive & make it reusable there. Then Rufus came to my rescue, It recognized them, formatted them & made them reusable. The greatest thing : It writes logs as well which come crucial for troubleshooting. All applause!

(ii) As we move from 2.x to 3.x versions, there is a little depreciation. In 2.x versions, one need not write anything on the pen drive but can choose Format : Quick / Full & Check for bad blocks directly. In 3.x versions, you have to write at least MS-DOS. Then the 'Format' & 'Check for bad blocks' options are opened / available. That is still not a problem.

(iii) But In 2.x versions, It shows you the percentage status when you choose Full / Slow format but its not there in 3.x versions.

So, Why to lose on that bonus ?

Thanks & Regards. ...

4. Akeo

Akeo MDL Member

Dec 10, 2013
  5. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Sir,
    Thanks for the Quick & Prompt response. Please excuse my Ignorance, now Everything is clear!

Thanks & Regards. ...