[Update and Support] Rufus USB Tool

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by user_hidden, Dec 3, 2013.

1. W_fantasma

W_fantasma MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Just a little suggestion: do you know there is alternatives like this that already do what you want?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. shhnedo

shhnedo MDL Expert

Mar 20, 2011
    Just a little reminder: often Ventoy fails to load the needed image in a convenient manner(without having to resort to IT education to use it) OR, in my particular case, it does something funky with my offline serviced windows 10 images and under UEFI mode the installer does NOT see any storage, whereas Rufus- or Win10-Setup-Disk-made USBs load just fine on any machine you might give me, as long as it supports USB booting.
    So yes, having an alternative to the alternative is useful. Now the point they're arguing is a completely different matter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Panco1

Panco1 MDL Junior Member

Dec 29, 2014
    @Akeo can you pls add this on windows 10 Also add an option to skip all collection questions (Sets all answers to "Don't allow") this only on windows 11 ISO can you make for windows 10

4. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    I said that i have a problem installing to the administrator account and the autounattend.xml not being followed

I've been playing with it for the last few days ........... and i think i've found the problem ........... and it isnt rufus :)

I think that its the autounattend.xml file generated by NTLite . That either my system is confused by the fact that i have the system in english but the keyboard in german or that NTLite is reading / writing it wrong .

The best result that i've had so far was when i put the autounattend.xml file in the root of the instalation ......... and in the install.wim ..........in the root and in the panther folder .......... and also in the boot.wim :)

Everything worked ' OK ' but it rebooted 2 times instead of only one time ......... and then it told me that it was getting things ready ........... and then i got a black screen ............ with QAA written on it . Pressing on QAA showed me a message ......... ' Unknown local ( QAA - LATN ) German keyboard . .

The line was ---- > <InputLocale>2000:00000407</InputLocale>

Now i tried ---- > <InputLocale>0409:00000407</InputLocale> ...... and ...... <InputLocale>:00000407</InputLocale> ...... but that didnt work either .

Dont know what to do now ? Dont want to install it in english and then change the keyboard or put it in in german and then change the system language !?!? :)

5. Akeo

Akeo MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2013
  6. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013

Attached Files:

• 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      88.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      96.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  8. migascalp

migascalp MDL Senior Member

Sep 18, 2009
    I try to have a single autounattend.xml for all editions So I set 'Windows edition' to '(Not Selected)'
    Results:
    Code:
            <ProductKey>
              <Key>00000-00000-00000-00000-00000</Key>
            </ProductKey>

9. Akeo

Akeo MDL Senior Member

Dec 10, 2013
    @migascalp, I think that's because recent versions of Windows (since 20H2 I believe) mandate the presence of a <ProductKey> in the windowsPE pass.

If you don't have that section, you get an error saying “Windows cannot read the <Product Key> from the unattend start file”.

So, to be compatible with the latest releases of Windows 10 or Windows 11, as soon as your answer file has a windowsPE/Microsoft-Windows-Setup section , you must also add one of <Product Key><Key /></ProductKey> or <Product Key><Key>WHATEVER</Key></ProductKey> just to satisfy this new requirement. And of course an up to date answer file generator will insert that one for you.

10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree...;)

11. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
    #575 Dark Dinosaur, Jul 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2022
  12. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Just tryed it three times . It doesnt seem to work for what i want . I think again because i have a different keyboard ........... and i tryed to use all four new options . From a computer useing THE administrator account called administrator .

First i used en-us_windows_10_enterprise_ltsc_2021_x64_dvd_d289cf96 with all updates put in and ticked all four choices ........... after the first restart it said ........

Lets connect you to a network ......... theres more to discover when you connect to the internet ...... licence ........ and got to a screen with ' Other user ' wich asked me for a name . I wrote Administrator and it told me that ' The account has been deactivated please see your administrator ' Then no matter what i did and wrote it wouldnt go any further .

The second time i did it with three choices . Without the name from my computer . It went past the first restart and asked me for a missing update . Then it restarted again and said ' why did my computer restart ' Then it asked me for a missing update and restarted again .

The third time i made a new LTSC iso with just the n version taken out and no updates . With three choices and no name from my system . The same happened again . It restarted three times . The last two times it tryed to go into automatic repair and asked me what keyboard i want to use . So i restarted again . Then it went in . The system is english and the keyboard is german ......... but it thinks its in the pacific time zone not mine .

Wich seems to me to mean that the system wont allow me to have german area , time zone and keyboard ...... on a us english system .

I used to do it with rufus and an autounattend file and i got to the administrator account , with the name administrator , german area , german keyboard and german time zone on an us english operating system .

13. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    #580 acer-5100, Aug 5, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2022