[Update Thread] Magisk - Root & Universal Systemless Interface [Android 5.0+]

Discussion in 'Android' started by CHEF-KOCH, Nov 22, 2017.

1. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    #1 CHEF-KOCH, Nov 22, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Hi CHEF,
    I've 2 devices and both have SuperSu. I tried to use Magisk one month back in one of my device only to bypass the safetynet for banking purpose but it failed to check it. So I reverted back to SuperSu. I'm more familiar with SuperSu than this one.
    Do you know any method to use it in Redmi device and pass safetynet check 'cos I need root access to use certain sound mod?
    Thanks,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    #4 sid_16, Nov 25, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    Here is the link- **** s:// ***.gsmarena.***/xiaomi_redmi_4a-8420.php remove * to see link
    After flashing TWRP the stock recovery is hidden or deleted. But as far as I know, the Magisk manager updates the magisk also needs TWRP/CWM to flash.
    Its ridiculous Xenforo wants me to post 5 posts more to post link :p here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
  5. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
  6. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    The steps should be the same, I read that some applications have additional checks for specific apps like LuckyPatcher, Xposed framework (also SafetyNet detects it on it's own) and everything which mess with SeLinux. Since this requires SeLinux to be changed I guess that's the the thing why it gets detected. You could ask in the thread if someone was able to use the mod without changing SeLinux, somethimes it works (like on Viper4Android), Yen also posted a workaround in your music thread, maybe I would try it.

If I have more time I check this out because I'm also very interested in Dolby Atmos.

7. sid_16

Oct 15, 2011
    Installing Dolby Atmos is not at all a big task one only needs a custom recovery and root is not needed. I've flashed many version, many times in my devices, some worked and some didn't. But I failed to get ZTE Axon 7 DolbyAtmos to work, it opened with no sound and force closed. I only tried Magisk for ZTE Axon 7 Atmos and SafetyNet check only, though I'm not quite familiar with this root app unlike SuperSU.

When trying ViperFx to work in my device I saw the the driver's abnormal status in processing then I flashed Selinux permissive script only to get it worked otherwise my device has an enforcing Selinux.

Yes, Yen sir has posted an work around but my lazy brain can't grasp it due to the scarcity of the technical knowledge. :p

8. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I think you need to talk directly with the developer, seems SeLinux must be toggled and then SafetyNet will detect it - on the other side, there xposed modules to bypass SafetyNet checks for e.g. banking apps.