Updated 10563 iso

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by slayer62, Jun 5, 2017.

1. slayer62

slayer62 MDL Junior Member

May 30, 2015
    Are there any updated isos with a higher build # than 10563.0 because this iso from microsoft has the bug where if you dont connect to the internet right away your start menu is fubar'd meaning pins dont save it reverts when you reboot personalization doesnt save in settings it all just reverts. Is there anyone if there is not an updated iso that can just slipstream the .332 updated into a normal pro iso without touching anything else just adding the update for me? I am afraid I am going to break something doing it myself and you guys are so much more knowledgable than me Id much rather have an expert do it if its not to much to ask. Thanks in advanced everyone

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    No there is no updated 15063 iso availabe, you can just extract the MSDN iso to a folder and use abbodi1406's W10UI script to integrate the CU and if you want the flash update too.

When you don't want dotnetfx3 being pre-enabled by the script just delete the folder: "extractedISO\sources\sxs\"

If you put cdimage.exe next to the script and you enabled the iso creation option it will create an updated iso for you.

SAM-R's offered iso is an Insider Preview rs3 pre_release.

3. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    On a clean install, even if you update manually, the Start Menu and the personalization settings keep reverting back to stock until I connect to the internet and reboot a few times so an updated ISO won't fix this, at least for now. This whole OS is one big Beta and is a joke to be honest.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #6 Enthousiast, Jun 6, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
    Did the same with a clean MSDN iso, same results, what reverts back to stock when kept offline and rebooting after personalizing?

EDIT: Whit the clean MSDN iso the start menu still has the arrows instead of the correct tiles after connecting and rebooting. But the "personalizations" are still there.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep I agree dude, I believe that Windows 10 is one eternal beta lol

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Yep, my point the other day, seems only blind fanboys have no issues with it / refuse to see the endless array of bugs

The current Windows team don't have the skill or ability to create a stable OS any more, which is why they now say "Windows as a service", in other words, permanently unfinished and buggy but because we call it a service we can get away with it

They can't even push the correct preview build out, not only did they mess up for PC, they messed up for Windows Phone too lol, never known such a bunch of amateurs working for MS, I think ever, bring back the Windows 7 team

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Fanboy? Are we back to the first days when win 10 was freshly released and all who liked it were called fanboy etcetc...?

I did show exactly what happens when i keep the VM offline, i still didn't see any factual info about the socalled crappiness of win 10.

8. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Because you refuse to see it, this thread shows plenty of what I'm talking about, as do many many others, but like I say, only fanboys refuse to see it and claim Win 10 is perfection

MDL is far from the only forum where I have seen people complaining about this exact problem with the start menu, and that's 1/many issues with 10

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    This thread shows one person saying things and another who supports it, not showing any real info about the problem, i showed screens of what happens.

I install windows 30 times a day, to test or just for fun, when i see a problem i take screens or show proof of the problem, i do not blindly copy/paste or go along with what others are saying, i go investigate.

10. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    You install Windows 30 times a day on 30 different machines with different hardware and drivers, or on the exact same machine in VMs with the exact same drivers?

Not sure who you think you are demanding facts and evidence, this is a public forum littered with Windows 10 problems, if you refuse to accept them because they are not handed to you with a certificate of authenticity, then fanboy

Explain this one, my machine, clean install, be it Pro or LTSB, all drivers up to date, no 3rd party software installed, explorer will happily crash for no reason when opening or closing a folder, or right clicking the desktop, no reason other than buggy 10, been the case since 10 RTM, and amazingly it doesn't happen with 8.x

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If the problem doesn't continually exists, it's not a windows problem perse but a combination problem win/hardware, and yes i have installed windows on many different systems,

But phoenix or many of the other OS butchers (no offense intended) can not be used as reference.

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    The biggest Butcher is Microsoft itself adding and removing things from their OS so what is the difference between an user who does it and MS who does it ?

13. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Of course it is a Windows problem if it happens to multiple people running different hardware, there's only one thing common between them, the OS

Anyway, stay in your little bubble, the rest of us will continue life knowing where the problem lies

14. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    And I thought Explorer randomly crashing left and right was just on my machine or because I've installed Classic Shell. Now you confirm this as well. Try installing the Adobe CS 2017 suite and watch the system crash and explorer stops responding until you force restart it