updated an8 to 2.1 slic now my vista won't boot

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by naseap, Aug 23, 2009.

1. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    #1 naseap, Aug 23, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2009
    updated Abit an8 sli to 2.1 slic now my vista won't boot

I have an Abit an8 sli that I updated the bios to a 2.1 slic now my vista won't boot. I used a softmod to activate vista. The reason why I updated to a 2.1 slic is to install win7 with a bios mod. The system boots but hangs on the microsoft corporation screen with the flashing green bars. Any suggestions. Thanks. I am installing win 7 on another hard drive and need to keep my existing vista install for a while.

2. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I put the stock abit bios back on and vista starts but if I flash to a modded bios with 2.1 slic vista hangs on the microsoft corporation screen with the scrolling green bars. Vista is installed with bootloader 2.1.2. Any suggestions.

3. tohenk

tohenk MDL Novice

Jun 1, 2009
    It seems the 0+2 method won't work on Vista, event the Vista Installer can't start. On my box, it's okay with ISA method.

4. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I used the modded bios I found here doing a search. It was made using the 0+2 method. I will remove the bootloader and try again. After that, will I be able to use the modded bios to reactivate vista and instead of using the bootloader? Thanks for the info.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Yep..Thats the plan....:D:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. naseap

naseap MDL Senior Member

Jul 25, 2009
    I used the VOATK tools to remove the bootloader. Flashed bios using the modded bios with 0+2 method was a no go. I then used a modded bios with the ISA method and I got vista to boot and activate. Only problem I have is running the slic tools program gives me a driver error and I did run it with elevated admin. priv. RW-Everything does show slic 2.1. When I have time I am going to install win 7 on another drive. I will give the results of win7 install later. Thanks again.