Updated to windows 8.1 ProWMC, Genuine Key BLOCKED!!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by abhirajDap, Oct 21, 2013.

1. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Hello Guys!

I had Genuine Windows 8 ProWMC!! I updated to 8.1 yesterday.

Since my update windows is De-activated and shockingly my GENUINE RETAIL KEY ISN'T WORKING.o_O

I called up Microsoft activation and the lady said that my key is Blocked, i talked to a guy from customer care he said- the key is blacklisted! :confused::confused:
    Lol!! Someone generated my key and circulated:huh:

Then i tried KSSC script, data.dat method, made many skype calls using various retail key from pastebin and as expected its not helping !!(ProWMC)!!

So guys i need some help inorder to activate my windows 8.1 ProWMC!!

!!This might be a repeat post, but i have tried solutions from different threads and yea success wasnt achieved :( !!
    so once my windows is this thread can be deleted except the solution, so that it might help someone else.

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    If you can prove ownership of that key you should be able to get a new one.

3. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Did you paid for you ProWMC Key? Or did you get it for free when MS Offered last year? Whatever the case, just ask them to replace the key or you should be using the leaked key from the internet.

Cheers

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    doubt that very much...

Had a similar problem with a guy on Eightforums... eventually M$ admitted their activation server was screwed.. and gave him a new key... unfortunately you gotta be persistent to convince them.. :rolleyes:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    #5 abhirajDap, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    (OP)
    Exactly!! The guy at microsoft also asked me to produce the bill at the retail store and get a new key.
    But the owner of retail store seems to be unaware of this fact, He is denying to give a new key.
    His exact words were- "if every person comes with the bill, am i supposed to give a new key!!:vertag:"

I also made him talk to microsoft customer care guy, it didnt help

Inshort getting a new key from that man is no more an option.:cool:

6. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Well i did pay for it.
    I also have a free key which ms offered but its being used on other computer of mine. So cant use that

7. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Yea it seems MS is bad at activation management.

I did try to convince him, but no luck!!

8. tinux

tinux MDL Junior Member

Feb 26, 2012
    Hold on you buy a product and if you have paid for it it would be either on a receipt. bank statement card statement etc.... or an email saying thank you for buying blah blah
    if you do then Ms will give you a new key otherwise you send them a letter with intention to sue and they will give a key simple as ABC.

9. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Yea, i have called them many times and will continue to do so until my windows is activated.
    But the whole fault seems to be that of the reseller.

Lol!! I would prefer not to write that letter. Hopefully MS will provide a new key before i get that pissed of. :p

10. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Was the package you bought factory sealed?

11. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Mm.. I guess so!
    Cant remember exactly.

12. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    When you buy license, whether it's OEM, upgrade or whatever it should be factory sealed in package, with installation media and COA sticker. If it wasn't sealed there might have been like 50 installations activated with that key, and that's why it got blacklisted.

13. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Possible!!
    But as far as i recall the package was fine.

Anyway im screwed up now. Let's work out a solution!

14. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    I think op is bullsh....ng...post proof of purchase or go bitch somewhere else.

15. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    If you got original package and document confirming purchase, they should give you replacement key. Did they tell you why your key was blacklisted?

16. shk12344

shk12344 MDL Novice

May 10, 2010
    Far as I know WMC is add-on and is not sold in stores. WMC key has to be purchased from Microsoft website than added to activated Windows 8/8.1 system. I'm pretty sure there are no legal way to buy Windows 8 Pro WMC software. I think he purchased a pirated copy.

17. warlordll

warlordll MDL Member

Apr 25, 2011
    #17 warlordll, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
    He could phone them up and request the email that contained the key if he bought it online for that very cheap price as i did, i lost my email and ms restored it once i proved who i was etc when phone them up on GA day. Another alternative is speak to that automated MS key activation service..i also did that when i had used up my key uses, might work or might not..restoring the spp back up not working any more as far as i know but that's on my pc.

Reading further comments to find you probs got a boxed version, no idea what to suggest for that. Did you have your spp folder backed up when it was genuine? you could try fresh install, retore -ipk thing which might work but unsure if it will, or you could do a fresh install of one of these 8.1 iso's kicking about then try the ms automated service to get the confirmation ID to get it activated? i use this method atm with mine because i cant activate the normal way as well as the -upk /-ipk method.

18. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    did you buy one or two license, I notice you said you used your free wmc on another puter , the free wmc license is tied to the windows 8 license that was bought :eek:
    just asked not sure I heard you right ?

19. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    MS might be bad with the activation management, but they are always fast on key retruns with proper proof of purchase. I personally think this is a bs thread. Who has been pm'ed so far by OP'er? lol

20. abhirajDap

abhirajDap MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2013
    Thanks!
    Btw i dont want to do a fresh install.
    Well if i had bought a key online they could have given a new key. For boxed version i need to take the box|bill back to retailer and he is supposed to provide a new key!