Updates folder and Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rabsplace, May 30, 2011.

1. Rabsplace

Rabsplace MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2008
    Since I'm installing Windows 7 again and again on family and friends computers I have come to love this fantastic tool: Windows 7 USB DVD Download Tool.
    If the USB-stick is a fast one the installation runs like a bat out of hell and the computer is up and running in a blink of an eye...
    and then the tedious updates hit you like a ton of bricks.

Since programmers have no way of being right the first time out, let’s face it, there’s just too darn many users out there who don’t think or act the way programmers thought they ought to do, there is updates upon updates until I scream like a little girl.

Now, here's the idea I have... I'd like to have a folder on the USB-stick to put any and all updates I like in for the installation process to access and fetch them as it is installing. This way I just plug the bugger in and go to sleep, waking up to a crisp and updated computer, for the most part any way, ready to ship back to friend or family.

Is this doable easy?
    I don’t have time to time and again slipstream the updates. I just want to dump them into a folder, much like the system Office 2007 uses.

2. Rabsplace

Rabsplace MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2008
    #2 Rabsplace, May 30, 2011
    Last edited: May 30, 2011
    (OP)
    Well, that's what I was afraid of…
    If anybody disagrees and is helpful enough to explain how to do this I’d be ecstatic, or at least very grateful.

Thankfully I use the SP1 MSDN version already.

3. Sliden

Sliden MDL Junior Member

May 20, 2009
    is possible, with use of the folder %OEM% and setupcomplete option.

Create one sfx wiht one bath file to run silence updates.

Video: www youtube.com/watch?v=SQXmmL2LPJE

4. DesertJerry

DesertJerry MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    Use the W7Toolkit to do everthing you want. It at the WinCert.net forum.

5. Rabsplace

Rabsplace MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2008
    Thanks people.

Ben a buissy couple of weeks. I'll try those suggestions and see what sollution I end up with.

Cheers.