Updating Android Apps?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by jetjock, Nov 20, 2013.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Does anyone know if there is a way to stop apps from auto-updating every time my Android phone is turned on? About the only good thing I remember about my iPhone was it asking to update apps! :rolleyes:

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Razor001

Razor001 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2012
    Open Google Play > Menu Key > -Look for something like "Update my apps when" can´t remeber very well because My phone got stolen :mad: but its there.

3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    ^^ Yea, Google Play settings has an option to disable Auto Updates

4. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
    Sorry to hear about your phone! Hope you had a tracking app enabled.

I've taken a while to reply because AT&T just updated to Android 4.3 and it took some time to do that. Then, I have spent several hours looking at every possible setting that I can find in both Google Play and my phone to make sure I wasn't blind (or stupid). I can find no setting whatsoever that has to do with updating anything on my phone. If either you or Mr. Magic (or anyone) could be more specific, I sure would appreciate it. Thanks.

jetjock :plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jetjock

Mar 6, 2010
  6. Razor001

Razor001 MDL Novice

Oct 11, 2012
    Google Android Device Admin did the Job of erasing it because I really didn´t care about the phone just the info on it. Glad you found the option.

7. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    What have you done to your poor Androids font ?

Im reporting you to the RSPCA

Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Androids