Updating Win10 64bit, from v.1607 to v.1803 - how to ensure a smooth update?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kodina, Nov 19, 2020.

1. kodina

kodina MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2015
    Hello everyone! :)

I am planning to get Call of Duty: Black Ops - Cold War, and one of the (minimum) system requirements is to have the v.1803 version of Win10.

I am currently on v1.607 and I have customized it how I want and everything set up perfectly - no bloat, no updates, no rubbish or bull**it from Microsoft, just maximum performance and stability. It has been like this for more than a year and I absolutely love not a single problem or annoyance and I am so scared to screw anything up... :(

Can anyone help me find out what to do to ensure I don't break anything, or to make as little damage as possible?

Maybe I just need to run a single .exe available on here and get my Win10 updated without any problems?

I have included a winver screenshot.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
  3. kodina

kodina MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2015
    Well, that is bad news for me. Will KMS_VL_ALL still work on the LTSC 2019?

4. whitestar_999

Dec 9, 2011
    Yes but in case you have an android mobile lying around you can use kisskms, a 5mb kms server app in your mobile with nothing to install in any pc. Just connect mobile & pc & then start the sever in app & run few commands in pc using command prompt & you are done.
    https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/kisskms-2-7-2-kms-server-app-android.72455/

5. kodina

kodina MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2015
    Well, this is nice, I had no idea this existed!

Do I have to run it once and then it’s OK forever or do I have to do it regularly?

6. NoTears

NoTears MDL Member

Aug 24, 2020
    #6 NoTears, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    you can upgrade to LTSC 2019 (if you don't want bloat, only minimum updates etc...) and keep your data and applications untouched simply through the LTSC 2019 iso by clicking on "setup.exe" and follow simply the instructions on the screen, you can also upgrade to any other win10 edition but afaik you will have to go through register to do some modifications to to make this happen in that case.
    Regarding activation, you can use hwid tool to get the activation done wirh digital license. the tool is not allowed here but you can google it and find it easily (it's called mas, just type massgravel and you'll find it)

7. whitestar_999

Dec 9, 2011
    Same kms limit applies, once in 180 days so 2 times in a year. I prefer this over hwid tool mentioned in below post because kms can activate office & other kms activation supported MS products too & there is nothing to touch on any pc so no risk of any windows/ms/antivirus update messing with anything in future.

8. kodina

kodina MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2015
    Thanks, I was thinking that the only way to do it was a clean install. This sounds like a very good alternative.

I am planning to do a complete backup of my main SSD through CloneZilla so if anything goes majorly wrong, I will just completely restore my main SSD to the same condition it was!