Upgade 7 Home Premium to Ultimate

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by muxxio, Apr 3, 2010.

1. muxxio

muxxio MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2010
    Hi, I have seven home premium (genuine). My question: it's possible upgrade with Windows Anytime Upgrade to Ultimate version? If yes, how....

Thanke in advance people! :)

2. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    What brand is your computer, did it come with windows 7?

If your computer is from a major OEM and came with 7 then you should be able to insert the ultimate key from the same brand into the anytime upgrade and in about 10 minutes have ultimate.

If you purchased retail windows then you would want to grab Daz's loader, decide which brand you want to activate it as, do the anytime upgrade with the key from that brand and after the upgrade install Daz's loader.

If possible you should use the key that most closley matches your system, if it is a Dell, use a dell key to anytime upgrade and select dell in Daz's loader, if it is acer or hp do the same for each brand. If your computer is a plain white box just use Acer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. muxxio

muxxio MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2010
    Thanks for replay. My Notebook is an HP dv5 1140el originally with vista. Then I have upgrade to windows seven Home premium genuine (yes, it's a gift from my girlfriend).

4. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    When you say upgrade was it something your girlfriend bought from a shop or did it come from HP?

Anyway your laptop is eligible for a BIOS update dated September 2009 from HP. This update will install SLIC 2.1 for Windows 7 and then you can install any version you want that uses SLP activation including Ultimate.

The Vista SLIC, version 2.0, in your existing BIOS doesn't work with 7 so you need to search downloads on HP and choose Windows 7 as your OS and you can download the latest BIOS, flash your computer and then do the Windows Anytime upgrade using the HP Ultimate key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    How do you know that? I read the notes for the BIOS, it says the Computrace OPROM was updated to support newer OS.. nothing to do with the SLIC table. :eek:

6. spacednow

spacednow MDL Member

Aug 26, 2009
    The udate for the newer OS is the slic 2.1

7. iNO12

iNO12 MDL Member

Jul 27, 2009
    It only says the Computrace OPROM was updated. Computrace is a device tracking service, nothing to do with a SLIC table. So the OP will most likely need a BIOS mod. :)

8. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    #8 Rosco, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    I am not really sure as I only checked the HP site and saw an update which was designed to support Windows 7 on a Vista machine

AND September 2009 sounds about right for HP to release BIOS updates to support Windows 7 upgrade program to coincide with October 2009 RTM availability.

My partner's HP was a Vista machine with a BIOS update about the same date which included the SLIC 2.1 table -

Oh and it didn't say anything about SLIC 2.1 tables either.

Like HP are going to tell you "hey - free Windows 7 with BIOS update"

And what is it to you anyway ??

I was simply trying to help the post originator check out his options - if it didn't include the SLIC update what have they lost ??

9. muxxio

muxxio MDL Novice

Mar 27, 2010
    Thanks my friends for replay. I have found a serial code to upgrade with WAU to ultimate version. It work fine with Dazs loader.