upgrade from home premium to rtm

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by dabomy, Jul 30, 2009.

1. dabomy

dabomy MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Hi all. I had installed 7 home premium b/c I had preordered it, and now realize I can activate ultimate for free. Is there any way to upgrade from home premium to ultimate without having to reinstall? It tells me I need to use windows anytime upgrade, any way around that?

2. dabomy

dabomy MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Anyone have any idea if this is possible?

3. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    Well if you want to keep your OS legal use anytime upgrade.But if you want to have Ultimate you can do that too, but depending on your computer a lo*der might not work. Not sure about the upgrade feature, someone else might know a bit more about that.

4. dabomy

dabomy MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    So...back to my question...can I upgrade from home premium to ultimate somehow with the rtm disc without having to wipe clean and fresh install?

5. Maccik

Maccik MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2009
    Yes ...you can Upgrade to Ultimate with no problem ..

6. yesman

yesman MDL Junior Member

Jul 29, 2009
    You ca upgrade without any disc. Its easy. Go to Start - All programs - Windows Anytime Upgrade. Then enter the lenovo oem key and continue. If it doesn't accept the key use orbit and hazar loader, nothing will happen except now you can use the oem key. Then star Windows Anytime Upgrade, enter the key, wait 10minutes and whoa.

7. Reign_Of_Freedom

Reign_Of_Freedom MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2009
    You could always try :D if it gives no option to upgrade you can always abort.

8. dabomy

dabomy MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Windows anytime upgrade worked. I think i'm going to stick with home premium though. I pre ordered it, and I really don't see any need to have ultimate. I just keep rearming until my product key arrives. Thanks for the help anyway