Upgrade from "Windows 10 Pro N" to "Windows 10 Pro"

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by toothgapsy, Feb 16, 2021.

1. toothgapsy

toothgapsy MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2021
    Trying to activate my windows activation key on a new device currently leaves me with some errors - 0xc004f050 to be more precise.

After some research i finally found (at least i think) the reason behind this. I am using a "Windows 10 Pro key" on my machine on which i mistakenly installed "Windows 10 Pro N" (i actually like this slimmer verion of Windows much more).

Is there any way to upgrade without a full reinstallation of windows? I would very much like to avoid this since I already did some time-consuming configurations and downloads.

Thanks

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #2 Enthousiast, Feb 16, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    Try to modify the registry from N to non N and do an inplace/repair upgrade.

Code:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion
    ps, N is not a slimmer version as a feature, it's f**ked up because of EU law, it should never have been developed. But you can activate it for free by KMS or HWID (google for massgravel on github for MAS 1.4 to generate a hwid on the fly).

3. toothgapsy

toothgapsy MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2021
    By that you mean that in regedit.exe the entries "ProductName" and "EditionID" resemble "Windows 10 Pro" and "Professional" under your specified path?

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Should work, installing a crippled....ehhh... n version to check, as we speak :D

5. toothgapsy

toothgapsy MDL Novice

Feb 16, 2021
    Did indeed work - much thanks! :)