Upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10. How?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by kulturel, Jul 29, 2015.

1. kulturel

kulturel MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    First of all I'm by no means an expert. I'm an idiot on the subject to be frank.

Firstly, there is not icon popping up, that says 'get windows 10'. My copy of windows is a pirated ultimate 7 version. How do I go about downloading it since there is no icon? Secondly, do I just find a random iso? Are those upgrades? Or do I do the upgrade via Windows Media Center?

/A noob.

2. beamslider

beamslider MDL Senior Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Read the forums....All the info has been repeated thousands of times.

3. killer23d

killer23d MDL Novice

Feb 27, 2009
    If yours are pirated, then it will not even pass genuine validation in Win 7.

Once yours is validated as genuine, then you can do an upgrade to Win 10 then clean install again.

There are stickie post about clean install here and I am not going to post again.

4. kulturel

kulturel MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    When I say pirated I mean it's activated in daz loader. How do I upgrade from windows 7 if I don't want to clean install?

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    flash slic 2.1 bios.. run daz loader uninstall then slmgr.vbs -rearm
    reboot run daz loader for cert and key ( no bootloader auto due to slic 2.1 bios)

6. showbizz

showbizz MDL Novice

May 1, 2015
    I got the same problem - its upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro 32 bit :(

7. shawnmos

shawnmos MDL Member

Oct 27, 2007
    No need to do this. Daz loader seems to work for activated upgrade to 10.

8. kulturel

kulturel MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    There's no upgrade iso and clean install iso right? Thanks for the great answer.

9. wmh

wmh MDL Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Is there a way to 'downgrade' from W7 Ult to W7 Home without the need to reformat and install via command prompt?

Thank you in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. kulturel

kulturel MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    make your own thread?

11. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Separate ISO's you mean? You can use the same one to do either. If you upgrade using the ISO, then once you're activated use the same iso to do a clean install (when it asks you for a key, and it will, skip it, go online and you will be activated automatically once they detect your system and your previous upgrade).

12. drnoellyg

drnoellyg MDL Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Maybe? I think I once read something about it, on this site, and you needed to work out the registry and then do an "upgrade" which is actually a downgrade. Search this site for the "downgrade" trick or hack, sorry I can't provide the link I can't do search at the moment.

13. wmh

wmh MDL Member

Jun 30, 2015
    Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread and didn't want to pollute the forum either with another thread for just one question. :innocent:
    Thank you very much for your advice. I'll search the forums for these words. :tea:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. wmh

wmh MDL Member

Jun 30, 2015
    If anyone need help to downgrade/upgrade Windows 7/8 you can grab Tito's tool at:

Forum > Computing Life > MDL Projects and Applications > UpDown8 - Windows 7/8 Upgrade/Downgrade Helper