Upgrade Legit Sony Vaio's Vista to Business Edition

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by shaba230, Nov 14, 2007.

1. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    I just bought a Sony CR series laptop and it came with vista home premium. Can I upgrade it to business or ultimate using the OEM keys? Can you please give me a little insight here? Do i even need the sony certificate? Do I even need to update my BIOS since it already has vista installed from the factory?

THANKS!

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #2 Yen, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
    Install a ordinary Vista retail DVD without entering a key. Choose Ultimate Version and apply cert. and ultimate SLP key.
    This should work. You need the Sony cert., but no bios update.

BTW: Would you please link to your original bios. I need a Sony Vaio bios that has got a SLIC already to see how they programed it! I'm unable to mod a Sony Vaio bios so far. Maybe I can figure it out how they did it!!
    It would be very nice to get such a bios. I don't now from where to download it.

THX

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. shaba230

shaba230 MDL Novice

May 13, 2007
    I will be happy to do that for you, but can you tell me the steps I need to take? I will be receiving the computer in a about 5-8 days and I will do it for you as soon as I get it.

P.S. Is there a business key/can I install as a business version instead of the full ultimate version?

Thanks

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    #4 Yen, Nov 15, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
    Check your PM. Maybe this will work.
    To get the bios I'll post a winphlash version which is able to save the current bios if you'll not find it at your CD's that'll come with your new laptop.
    Stay tuned.
    I need to know if you'll using 32 or 64 bit OS for the proper flashtool.

Yen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007