Upgrade slic...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by stubbs73nm, Mar 13, 2010.

1. stubbs73nm

stubbs73nm MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    I'm lost, there is so much information on this website it is hard to wade through. I'm not exactly a newb, but I still have a question. I have searched all night, and used google to no avail.

I have a acer laptop, an aspire 5735 I'm trying to install W7 on. It has slic 2.0. I need slic 2.1. I have the phoenix tool, and know how to run it, but the certificate doesn't verify, because the original BIOS is slic 2.0.

How do I upgrade the bios to 2.1? Or can I ignore the warning stating the certificate doesn't match?

I've done this several times before, but had more modern motherboards with slic 2.1.

Sorry to be such a newb, I just need a point in the right direction. Thanks to you kind folks helping so many users with this.

-stubbs.

2. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    what bios version is installed on your laptop

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Probably want to ask in the bios mod forum. Try to answer apollopimp question and take your time informing yourself so you don't brick your mobo dude.

4. stubbs73nm

stubbs73nm MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    1.08, 9-10-08.

Do I need to go ask in the bios mod forum? I don't want to start unnecessary threads.

TIA

-stubbs

5. domatlapuk

domatlapuk MDL Expert

Sep 12, 2009
    If your not sure, it's better to post your bios modding request and let experience modder do it for you..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. apollopimp

apollopimp MDL Junior Member

Jan 12, 2008
    thats a link to the orignal bios im not gonna mod it not my expertise at the moment just wanted to give him a link to the newest bios so someone can mod it for him ive messaged someone hopefull he comes online soon and has the time to mod it for ya

7. stubbs73nm

stubbs73nm MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    Damn the torpedoes!

I had a good mod, it was just the slic 2.1 I was having trouble with.

I said damn the torpedoes, and installed anyway.

It worked, I now have W7 genuine. The laptop is not bricked, and it is screaming.

I took a calculated risk, and won. I don't suggest it to others. I've done this a few times before, and knew what to look for.

Thanks for your support, and thanks to all the kind folks on this forum.

-stubbs

8. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  9. Worlon

Worlon MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    The Offical BIOS file killed not one Aspire 5715z laptop. DO NOT update under windows.