Upgrade Windows 10 to a new PC

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Silvermaine, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Silvermaine

Silvermaine MDL Novice

May 18, 2012
    Hi!

I have an Windows 8.1 eligible PC for Windows 10 upgrade however I want it to install it to my new PC
    and retain the current OS of the eligible PC (windows8.1).

Would it be legal/possible to install it to the new PC using the install.esd files or w/e?

Thanks!

2. yakelkun

yakelkun MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2015
    I guess your new PC comes without any OS ?

I so it's possible using a Windows 10. Browse the forum there are several topics about Win 10 ISO.

About legal matter, you have to purchase a windows license, for exemple win7 at few bucks and you are ready to Go.

3. yakelkun

yakelkun MDL Novice

Dec 20, 2015
    For exemple :

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/66640-How-to-Make-a-Windows-10-quot-Super-LTSB-quot-ISO

4. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    If you have Windows 8.1 install medium just install that on new Computer with your key. You can use one of the stop update tools available somewhere on this forum to keep 8.1 on your current machine I would think. Then just upgrade to Windows 10 on your new computer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Silvermaine

Silvermaine MDL Novice

May 18, 2012
    #5 Silvermaine, Dec 21, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
    (OP)
    Yes, my new custom built PC didn't come with any OS.

My current PC came with pre-installed Windows 8.1 OS, thus eligible for upgrade.

EDIT:
    Btw, I also registered in insider program but can't remember correctly if I downloaded it.
    Would it still be usable and get the final release?