Upgrade Windows 8.1 Single Language to PRO

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by KhaMoustafa, Mar 22, 2015.

1. KhaMoustafa

KhaMoustafa MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Dear All,

First of all, I just want to thank all of you for the hard work you are doing related to the Microsoft Toolkit.

Anyway, I just want to ask about something which am not sure if the toolkit can do it for me or not.
    The case like that I have a new Lenovo Laptop with Windows 8.1 Single Language shipped with the laptop. My question here is there anyway to use the toolkit to upgrade my system to PRO version, of course with no needs to reinstall the OS?.

If yes, I appreciate if there are step-by-step to guide me for the same.

Best Regards,
    Khaled

2. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    #2 coleoptere2007, Mar 23, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
    The toolkit is not supposed to upgrade a system :rolleyes:
    follow this:

Press Windows key + X
    Click System
    Under Windows Edition, click the link:
    Get more features with a new edition of WindowsClick the 'I already have a product key link'
    Enter your product key and you will be upgraded to Pro.

3. KhaMoustafa

KhaMoustafa MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2012
    Thanks for your prompt reply, The steps you are telling am aware of it and of course if I have a product key for PRO, I'll not be here and ask this question.

Anyway, is there anyway to get a PRO key and then use the toolkit to fully activate the system.

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That will work only if the OP has an legit Product Key for Pro version! Not sure it will work with an Generic Key, just in case it would, the MTK could than used for activation!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    FYI, some tablets come with Core which be upgraded to Pro, some come with Bing and can't. I believe Single Language can be either.
    If you use the generic key at the 'Get More Features...' link it will either pass or fail.
    If it upgrades use MTK or something to activate as Pisthai says.

6. crashnburn

crashnburn MDL Addicted

Mar 18, 2010
    I might need to go this way for a few machines. Thanks for the tips.