upgraded grade form win 7 ultimate to win10 pro now i need some info???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by wild1210, Jul 20, 2016.

1. wild1210

wild1210 MDL Novice

Sep 24, 2014
    from DAZ
    everything went will with the upgrade now im on win10 now....
    how do i reformat for a clean install? do i need the win10 iso??? and how do i find the product key?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If the upgrade says: activated by "digital entitlement/digital license" you don't need to enter keys at clean installs.

For clean install you can either use the 10 Multiple Editions ISO or use the reset option in "recovery" at the "settings" app.

3. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    No need to reformat to clean install, just launch the setup and choose to keep nothing (or, better, just the personal files).

BTW usually a clean install is pointless as well, if your upgrade from W7 went fine, just stay with it and live long and prosper.

4. norilink

norilink MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    hello
    i just need some info if i upgrade to win10 from win7-SP1 is that mean i have genuine win10 forever in that PC ? before free upgrading to Win10 run out o_O
    i did clean install then applying Daz tool ;) what to do next to get fully win10 activition as Win7 not received update after activation!

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    If you generate a HWID before the "free upgrade offer" expires (next friday) you can reinstall win 10 as many times you want and the HWID will activate it again and again (for the lifetime of the hardware or link the HWID to your MSA for future use when major HW changes are done or to transfer the digital license to other hardware).

Just upgrade to 10 ;)

6. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    If win 7 is successfully upgraded & activated on any pc before 29th july 2016 then that pc will have permanent win 10 license(as long as that pc's hardware or more specifically motherboard is not changed). Updating win 7 SP1 before upgrading to win 10 is not required.

7. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Well Bat's upgrade Forked up but it's his own fault :g:Well gotta lay some blame on M$ too for refusing to allow Wi-Fi drivers it doesn't download itself :mad: Moved the Modem where He could Ethernet the PC but pulled the modem after getting the drivers without realizing it was half way though with the AMD GPU install :eek: Long story but just slept on it and then moved the HDD to his torrent box this morning, rolled back to Win 7 Ultimate and going through the upgrade to 10 Pro Again :weep: Shoulda just moved the clone and done the upgrade that way the first time You Stupid Bat :death:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. dranzer006

dranzer006 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2008
    Hello,

I am currently using windows 10 activated with ms tool kit, if i installed win7 Enterprise now by doing a clean format(clean format = format whole drive by booting from cd/dvd/pendrive ) and tried to run upgrade will i be able to get win10 enterprise for free ?

Also after getting free upgrade, and lets say i have to format my pc after 2-3months and this time i directly install win10 enterprise, will it get activated ?

PS

do i have to sign in to Microsoft account to save my PC and activation details ?

9. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    If you are activated on win10 enterprise now, you have HWID, yes I believe you could come back:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Ivantprivacy

Ivantprivacy MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    What happens if I upgrade from a legit copy of windows 7 (pro) and later change my whole system and don't want to associate my computer with a microsoft account?

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Your pc will explode ;):D

The established HWID will stay legit and will keep on working in the future for new installs (msft always can change it but for now it is), linked or not linked to your MSA.

12. whitestar_999

Dec 9, 2011
    You can not get free upgrade from win 7 Enterprise to win 10 Enterprise.Free upgrade offer is not applicable to Enterprise versions.Also any win 10 activated using KMS tools like MSToolKit will not get a genuine license,only way to get genuine license on a system is to upgrade from genuine win7/8.1(or using DAZ loader for win 7 ultimate or KMS tools for other win 7/8.1 versions to make it seem genuine) to win 10 before 29th july.Once free upgrade offer is used to get genuine win 10 on a system,that system will not need any key in future to get activated after a clean win 10 install as long as hardware remains same.

13. norilink

norilink MDL Novice

Feb 26, 2011
    @Enthousiast
    how can i get HWID ? :g:

14. whitestar_999

Dec 9, 2011
    You don't,it is generated automatically & send to MS servers the 1st time win 10 attempts to activate online.If successful this HWID will be saved on MS servers & will be used to activate any future win 10 install on that device without requiring any input from user's side.