Upgrading a dual boot system to windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jamescy74, Aug 3, 2015.

1. jamescy74

jamescy74 MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2015
    I have a dual boot system, windows Pro 8.1 x64 and windows Pro 7 x32. Both are legal and ready for upgrade to windows 10. Can I upgrade both? The result will be a dual boot of window 10 pro x64 and window 10 pro x32. Is this possible or not ?

2. cuteee

cuteee MDL Guru

Oct 13, 2012
    For what you need twice Windows 10 at the same computer ?

3. Fckr

Fckr MDL Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Just read divine "Windows 10 Pro license terms" for sh*ts and giggles, it pronounces:
    When in doubt click next to continue. :)

4. Haruki

Haruki MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    Here is my post about dual boot and activation.
    PS: I can't post links

Since there are a lot of questions about windows 10 activation and dual boot, I decided to post my experience with the installation process on my laptop.

I started with two dual boot windows 7 Ultimate installations activated by DAZ Loader using the BIOS method.
    At first I upgraded the windows 7 installations one at a time using a DVD burn with a MSDNAA image of windows 10 (Multiple Editions). All went well, both windows 10 were activated without problems.

I then decided to delete the existing partitions and completely format my laptop hard drive and try to install windows 10.
    Using the same DVD I created two new partitions and preceded to install windows on one of them, when it was done I checked, and for all I know windows was activated and installing updates.
    I proceeded to install windows 10 on the second partition and once again when it was done windows was activated.

The conclusion I make from my experience is that I can install as many copies of windows I want on my laptop because it's key is activated on Microsoft servers.

Besides using DAZ Loader on windows 7 I did not use any tools to activate windows 10 at any time.

Hope that my experience clarifies some doubts about activating multiple windows 10 installations on the same computer.