upgrading from Win7 HP to Ultimate on oem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NadaWTB, Mar 20, 2010.

1. NadaWTB

NadaWTB MDL Junior Member

May 16, 2007
    Just a small piece of info that some people may not know. You can use the Ultimate oem keys to do an anytime upgrade from home premium to ultimate. Example, a friend just did an anytime upgrade on a new acer laptop from 7 home premium to ultimate.
    He used one of the win7 acer ultimate keys. So I imagine that similar anytime upgrades can be done with any lower version of 7 to a higher version using the correct version oem key.

2. FattysGoneWild

FattysGoneWild MDL Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Yeah I wanted to do the same. But don't know the risks of it. Call me chicken!

3. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    No risk in it,you can upgrade from higher version if you have an oem-slp key for it..

4. mightyEx

mightyEx MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2008
    The same way you can upgrade from OEM Vista to OEM Windows 7 (but only the allowed upgrade ways as specified from MS). Afterwards just import cert (and key if you didn't type in during installation) and activate ;) . But I think it's better to do a clean install.

5. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    #5 U-Fig, Nov 2, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
    'did that trick 3 times already, guess i had it reported earlier,none of these questions arose..

don't know if the OEM:SLP keys will be vendor specific though, as i didn't take the risk and upgraded with ultimate key from specific vendor

you dont have to re-import certificate for anytime upgrade

tried on toshiba , acer and dell

just entered ultimate vendor OEM:SLP key in anytime-upgrade and it swallowed it whole and upgraded flawlessly

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    Old news to me I have been doing this sicen I bought my pc last year.... No risks no nothing, the only thing you should know its you need Slic 2.1 Cert and OEM:SLP key thats all folks......;)

7. stimpy2300

stimpy2300 MDL Novice

Sep 11, 2009
    yea very true. Don't know for sure if I have that?