upgrading from windows 7 evaluation copy, build 7100 to windows 7 ultimate retail ISO

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by newbe, Feb 20, 2010.

1. newbe

newbe MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    #1 newbe, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  2. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    I think that the better way is backup all your files and do a fresh install with the RTM version, upgrade is not a good option.

Why did you still using this ancient version even knowing about its expiration?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. newbe

newbe MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    Yeah it looks like I'm heading in that direction. trouble is I've only got 20 GB on an old hard drive from my Pentium II as backup so I guess I'll have to save critical programs and similar app's as for not updating I think i've got myself in a bit of a bad habit of doing things at the last minute, now it's catching up with me lol

4. SCBrigth

SCBrigth MDL Senior Member

May 9, 2009
    Well, if you don't have suficient space in your HD, at least try to save your files and reinstall the applications after the RTM install. I know this is a lot of work but you really lost the train...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. newbe

newbe MDL Novice

Feb 20, 2010
    #5 newbe, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
    (OP)
    Yup :spacecraft: guess there's always a Mr bean amount us lol... might as well be me :p what I've done so far is back the old drive (Pent II which is currently a slave) to the primary C. I'll format that old drive then install the retail version to it. Then I'll transfer files from the C onto the old drive, then format the C install OP onto that as well and work it from there. :roflmao: wish me luck folks...lol I'm going to need it!~~!