Upgrading Office 2010 AutoKMS to SP1

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by Ka1N, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Ka1N

Ka1N MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2012
    Hey everyone,

I know this may be very old... but I just realized my laptop is running non SP1.

can anyone tell me if I can just download and run SP1 and then re-activate via AutoKMS ?

Or do I need to do a full uninstall and reinstall a full SP1 ?

2. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Should be fine just opening the tool kit, uninstall kms... update to sp1 and then auto kms again.. although u may not need to disable autokms at all

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    All he needs to to is update, no update for Office 2010 will mess up AutoKMS. But he can update AutoKMS for bugfixes/changes using the latest MTK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Simpuhl

Simpuhl MDL Senior Member

Aug 8, 2012
    I figured that, I just thought maybe disable/renable to be on the safe side. So basically just like you said :)

5. Ka1N

Ka1N MDL Novice

Apr 25, 2012
    Thanks for the reply guys.
    I did as you guys suggested, and it seems to work. Everything is activated.

But strange thing, is Microsoft used to indicate the SP1 in the Help/About windows of their products.
    I don't see it.

I also checked it out on a new install of 2010Pro Plus SP1, and also, see no indication.

All I can see is the version: 14.0.6123.5001 but nothing says SP1, am I missing something?

6. renoOo

renoOo MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2011
    I've never had a problem with the updates with CODYQX4's software :biggrin:
    All updates and the SP1 :worthy:
    I always excluded from antivirus scanning files and directories, as recommended in the forum.
    Thank you CODYQX4