Upgrading Win7 Home Premium to Professional? Possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TR2N, Aug 7, 2009.

1. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Hi friends,

i have installed "Home Premium" some days ago and now thinking about it, to install the "Professional" Edition of Windows 7. I want to use Virtual XP, that isnĀ“t supported by Home Premium.... ;-(

My question is now.... Is it possible to upgrade HP to Pro with Anytime Upgrade? Is there a place where i can obtain an upgrade key? Or do i have to do a clean reinstall of Professional?

Sorry for the noob asking..... Thanks for your replies!

2. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    yes all you have to do is select anytime upgrade and put in your new key. No need to reinstall the OS. As for keys, right now the only key that has appeared is the lenovo ultimate key.

3. computerwis

computerwis MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Thanks for your help. Upgraded my Windows 7 Home Premium with the keys provided to Professional! Worked like a charm!

Thanks so much! Love this board!:D

5. alexusbas

alexusbas MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2009
    When you upgraded from home to professional, is it activated?

6. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    No, it is not activated. The Grace period is set back to 30 days remaining, that is enough to wait for proper OEM Keys and Certificates incl. the rearming 3 times.

7. matt_0978

matt_0978 MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2009
    #7 matt_0978, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    Home Premium to Ultimate

I want to upgrade Home Premium to Ultimate but setup presents me with this:

To upgrade from one edition of Windows 7 to another edition of Windows 7, use Windows Anytime Upgrade. Cancel the upgrade, open the Start menu, and search for Windows Anytime Upgrade.
    is there a way to do inplace upgrade without using WAU? or can anyone give me a WAU Ultimate key?