Upload limit in uTorrent

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Matrix Leader, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    What must my minimum upload limit be in uTorrent in order for me to download at uncapped speeds? I know there is a threshold that you should not fall below to get full speed downloads.

I am asking as I have a limited upload speed of 256 kbps :( / 8 mbps download

Sorry but I use uTorrent for non warez purposes hope my question is not against the forum rules. If it is, please delete this thread

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    Select the predefined settings for a connection that has 256KB upload and use those settings together with your settings for download at 8MB, that's how I setup my connection in utorrent and it has worked very very well :)

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Have you actually looked at your router settings some times max upload is controled by ISP. i know mines is

4. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I believe you'll get full speeds any way if the torrent is well seeded, just click the little green orb on the bottom middle of the bottom bar of u-torrent and let it set your connection automatically.

5. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    Thanks for the replies guys. The reason I am asking is, I notice if set my upload speed to 6 kb/s, my download speed never exceeds 800 kb/s. But if I set it to 16 kb/s then I get a full download speed of 990 kb/s provided there were good seeds.......strange heh?

So I am assuming there is some sort of limitation where uTorrent won't allow you to enjoy full speed downloads if you are not sharing enough as well.....don't you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dabits

dabits Guest

My contribution, I found this info here and there and it works for me :cool:

- Don't set your UL over 80% of your max. UL, or your DL will drop.
    - Try to set it as high as possible tho ...
    - The more you give, the more you get.
    - µTorrent likes it when you share, if you UL to someone, you get more from this someone ... check it out, often the best speed is from someone that you're sharing with.

:D

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. sdvdlier

sdvdlier MDL Novice

Jul 16, 2013
    #9 sdvdlier, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    sorry, to dig up an ancient thread, but utorrent's not respecting the upload limit is bugging me; and they banned me over at forum.utorrent.com because this mod couldnt understand what i was asking; first they closed my original thread; stating, just update to the latest version and shut up, we dont want you telling people utorrent is a bloated horrible piece of shhh...oftware; as an answer;
    ok, but that latest 3.3.1 is still not working like it should; so i asked my question again, i posted in 2 relevant threads, after which they banned me.
    maybe here, a nice and intelligent person can help me out.
    The last utorrent version that adhered to the upload limit you set up in the settings (or in the torrent info) was 3.1 i think, but i updated to the latest one; and this one isnt working; my question is

what is the most recent stable utorrent build that keeps to the upload limit?

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I use MediaGet2 and have no problem with that.

Keep in mind that some Torrent sites (mainly private and/or those which requires registration)are controlling the Uploads of user's, not the speed instead the seeding compare to the leeching.

10. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I have been using 3.3.1 without any issues, I am not sure what build it WAS since I just opened to look and it updated to 3.3.2 Beta (Build 29944). So Ill keep a check on this build and let you know by editing this post.