URGENT Help Needed PLEASE!!!!

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by deevie, Aug 25, 2012.

1. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Hi everyone...
    Can anyone please help????
    I have a Toshiba satellite p300d-21k
    Model Number PSPDoE-00H003EN

I have just reinstalled windows 7 64, and in the process of installing updates, somehow managed to use the WRONG bios update file and now when I switch on, the dvd drive starts but I get no toshiba logo and it just stays on a blank screen.

How can I rescue it and get it working again????

Before I did this it was on bios version 2.80 which was done via winphlash 64.

Any help asap would be extremely welcome.

Many hanks in advance.

Deevie

2. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  3. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
  4. usitsupport

usitsupport MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    Please remember, the Phoenix flasher has one for Intel, one for AMD. If you get the right one, it will flash blindly via USB floppy boot. (remember one of those?) A few years ago, I had a similar situation when trying to flash within Windows (BAD Idea).

5. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Thanks for that info.....the last toshiba I had I flashed via windows with no problem, so thought it would be ok this time???? Oh well....they say you learn through your mistakes...

I just hope the info I have from previous post will help restore it???

Thanks.

6. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Well................

Done everything as per instructions...

Made crisis disk on usb pendrive...

then followed instructions:

Step6
    To flash the BIOS, perform the following steps:

Turn the power of the Aspire 5738
    ii. Insert the newly created USB stick with Crisis Disc function on the flash to end Aspire 5738
    . iii. Press FN + ESC + power button simultaneously

iv. Release the power button when the device switches

v. If the power LED flashes, release the FN + ESC

The vi starts flashing BIOS, the BIOS from a USB flash drive to restore
    vii If the BIOS flash is complete, the system reboots
    vii The process takes about 5 minutes

NOTHING HAPPENS??????

When I hold fn+esc+power.....laptop starts, dvd drive starts, power led keeps flashing so let go fn+esc........Power light continues to flash and does so until I turn laptop off.

I have noticed that the usb pendrive led does not light up at all????? I have tried it in all usb ports available and still nothing???

Any ideas please???

Thanks.

7. usitsupport

usitsupport MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    I checked, your computer is AMD based, I managed to revived my AMD Compaq years ago. Try [www].mediafire.com/?pps2zkplr2uk3zk

remove []. Forum owner is picky about novice MDL user (but IT PRO) user from posting links:p

Pick the pieces from the zip file. I still suggest USB floppy;)

8. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Ok thanks for that...

Not got usb floppy....so still trying from usb stick..but can't get it to read from it????

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hold fn f or fn esc or fn b BEFORE u plug in POWER.. also try with and without battery.
    if this dotn work get a usb spi programmer and ake backup of chip then we compare with hexeditor to the bios.wph dload.
    replace reflash. done.

10. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    #10 deevie, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
    (OP)
    Ok Thanks will try all of the above and let you know how I get on..

oh and possibly a silly question??????

how long do I have to hold the keys down, and how do I know if it is working???????

thanks again.

11. usitsupport

usitsupport MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    FYI, For my recovery, I must have tried almost all version of DOS Phoenix flasher until the one I uploaded the link (I have a hunch AMD flasher is different from Intel and search and search I did). I tried USB, DVD, CD, until USB Floppy that works. It took me 2 months on and off :D

12. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I have just tried making crisis disk from your link but doesn't seem to work on my usb stick??? Doesn't put he 3 files on...bios.wph minidos.sys and phlash16.exe

Gone back to the original download link from earlier post, and these 3 files show up?????

Could you tell me the steps you took when you got it to work????? As said, I don't have a usb floppy, and don't actualy know anyone that has?????

I wont give up though....Keep trying:)

13. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Allrighty then.....
    I have now got a usb floppy drive...
    I am having trouble getting the files onto a floppy disk???
    the pc I have with vista on, for some reason does not detect the floppy drive when I run crisis disk utility, and the laptop with win7 obviously wont run the utility anyway.....
    I feel I am close now to getting my laptop working again, but just need to know how to get the files I need onto a floppy to be able to boot from it to get my bios back????
    Any help, is as always, most welcome.
    Thanks in advance.
    Steve

14. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    UPDATE!!!!

Does anyone know why the usb floppy is not starting????

I have managed to make a floppy using wincrisis but when I start the laptop (holding fn+f and then pluging power in then push power button) the dvd drive starts, but the usb floppy does not. No light or anything????? When I do the same sequence with a usb pendrive in, the pen drive lights up after the dvd starts up, but does nothing else?????

Any ideas please?????

15. usitsupport

usitsupport MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2008
    Use method 2 in Phoenix section: forums .mydigitallife. info/threads/870-Bios-Recovery-Procedures

16. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Hi there...
    Thanks for this, but I can't access it for some reason????

I have copied the link into address bar behind http:// but it says page does not exist???

Gone to the thread "Bios-Recovery-Procedures" but #870 is not a method???

Am I looking in the wrog place???

Thanks.

17. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Right then..........

Found method 2...

made crisis dick as per instructions on usb floppy (Gives 3 files...minidos.sys phlash16.exe bios.wph) No other files present...( I have view set to show all files and folders)

Plugged usb floppy into laptop, removed battery, Held fn+f (Toshiba) connected mains plug into laptop (still holding fn+f) press power button...........

Lights come on, dvd drive starts up.................... NOTHING ELSE happens!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The floppy drive does not start up?????

If i put a usb stick in and do the same sequence, after the dvd drive starts, the light on the usb stick flashes, but nothing else happens then either???

Is there something I am missing??????

As always....Thanks in advance for any ideas.. :eek:)

18. supaduper

supaduper MDL Member

Jul 3, 2011
    He means the first post #1 in Bios recovery Procedures ;)

19. mimart7

mimart7 MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Did you make your usb drive, or floppy bootable? If you didn't you need to have a boot image on either.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. deevie

deevie MDL Junior Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I used the crisis disk maker from the downloaded file in method 2 as described above.... and then added the bios file to it.

I presumed that was all I needed to do????

The floppy drive does not even start up.....So I am not sure if that is because of the wrong files on the disk, or the laptop just is not seeing it???