Urgent help needed!

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by gymnosperm, Oct 31, 2012.

1. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I just finished installing Windows 8 Pro x64 RTM and I'm in the middle of activating KMS. I got my free WMC in just less than 5 hours. I'm following this procedure for activating KMS: 1). Activate your copy of windows with a MAK or KMS method
    2). To activate windows using KMS server, run Command Prompt (CMD) as Admin
    and enter the following in the given order:
    slmgr /ipk -J8CK4
    slmgr /skms 147.134.1.42:1688
    slmgr.vbs -ato
    slmgr /ckms
    If the server is running then you will be activated for 180 days. I can't seem to activate it using this command: slmgr /skms 147.134.1.42:1688. Can somebody please link me to a working KMS server. Please help me out. I'm new to this thread and I promise I have done a lot of reading. But I'm getting a bit confused what to do next. Please help! Thanks in advance!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    The server you try to use is down, since some day (R.I.P.). Try

kms.dant.net.ru

instead.
    Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
  4. French frog

French frog MDL Junior Member

Sep 10, 2012
  5. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Untitled.jpg So I got this error message when I tried activating using kms.dant.net.ru

6. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Hey French frog which of these commands needs correcting? slmgr /ipk -J8CK4
    slmgr /skms kms.dant.net.ru
    slmgr.vbs -ato
    slmgr /ckms

7. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Please mask the keys in previous posts asap. It´s not allowed to post them here, equal who provides them. Maximum show last 5 digits.

8. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    sorry! I completely forgot! I know I need to mask it I just forgot sorry! What do I do next? I get an error message (see my attachment above)

9. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Is OK, simpy mask them, and from now on.

10. French frog

Sep 10, 2012
    or

lunar21.no-ip.org:80

11. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    kms.dant.net.ru should work too (works for me), that´s not where it goes wrong here.

12. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Does this mean I'm stuck? :( I just need to activate KMS omg I already have my upgrade key! This is so frustrating! But I'm sure I'm just missing something I need to do correctly. Please help me and sorry if I'm such a noob.

13. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I already changed my time zone to Cairo with the lunar KMS. Still it doesn't work. Do I need to be disconnected to the internet while doing this? (lol of course I need to be connected haha but I'm not exactly sure since I'm a noob)

14. French frog

Sep 10, 2012
    w32tm /resync

and retry

edit

s1ave :v:

15. s1ave77

Aug 15, 2012
    Check
    • your region and time settings,
    • sync time against internet time,
    • deactivate firewall

16. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    Untitled.jpg Now I got this when I run w32tm /resync

17. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    alright i'll try this now thank you

18. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    oh my god it worked! Untitled.jpg Now what do I do next? Should I leave the firewall off then put in my WMC key and upgrade?

19. French frog

Sep 10, 2012
    #19 French frog, Oct 31, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2012

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings .
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8 and then do one of the following:
    • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.
    your PC will restart automatically......

20. gymnosperm

gymnosperm MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2012
    I'm now waiting for my PC to restart. Hey French frog and s1ave77 thanks for all the help! I'll keep all the things you taught me in mind! :)