Urgent help needed

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Lord_Azeroth, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    BIOS VERSION 220
    BIOS SITE: asus.com search k70io(cant post a damn link due to forum policy)
    LAPTOP ASUS
    MODEL K70io

Please mod the bios thermal policy so this damn laptop dosent overheat, idle 50%fan rpm, in load or above 65 degrees celsius 100%rpm

2. Recursion

Recursion MDL Junior Member

Dec 26, 2012
    double post.

3. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    caus i cant reply

4. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    i tryed to addmore info but the forum policy won't let me post a reply, i am realy desperate cause this thing is hitting 70 degrees celsius while browsing

5. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    If you can't do it yourself consider pm somebody. Or sell the laptop again. Bios modding such a thing takes long time and time is expensive nowadaway. you can find many tutorials here or with some effort you can do it yourself. read about bios modding and come back again.

6. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    do you have a fan control program so i can set my fan manualy?

7. Lord_Azeroth

Lord_Azeroth MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2013
    i am not in a position in selling this one, and as far as i seen it's not hard for those who have the modding program to edit the thermal policy

8. Recursion

Dec 26, 2012
    #8 Recursion, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    let me tell you what I understand and translate: It can't be so expensive you have plenty of time and this isn't rocket science?? What have you done to solve your problem?? I told you already google for acer_ec.pl and check your embedded controller. Of course you can try to disassemble dsdt and write some new method but that's more complicated then to run this acer_ec.pl. Also consider to sell your laptop. This isn't a kindergarten game.