urgent help requierd for BIOS recovery Lenovo G560 please

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by abifar, Jun 11, 2012.

1. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    I have a lenovo G560 with 4GB ram and I5 with windows 7 32b . I re-installed windows and in process of installing drivers i saw there is update for BOIS , my BIOS was 1.06 and the update is 2.15 . During the the update software give error and i had to close it and after the next restert the machine was bricked.

I called the Lenovo they said they will charge me $200-300 for what that actually is their fault !! I am student and this lots of money for me. I need this notebook be repaired asap since i need it for my coursework and have no access to other pcs than lab's PC:(.

I read a lots of thread but I could not find how I can recover the BOIS , is there anybody if could help please ?
    I know there is USB drive method but I do not have the ...fd file and do not have knowledge to make it . anybody knows where can I find this file ?

Thankx

2. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    Dear redroad , I came from that forum already and left comment there too , but problem is notebook does not show the BIOS or POST at all , after turning on the notebook, it shows only black display and it is all about it. look like the BIOS is corrupted. and needs a recovery or re-flashing by USB drive or JTAG or something.

3. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Ok.. I see you are talking with Lennovo .. and your your conversation led to motherboard change out..If you have no led's or fans running that is a bad sign..I wish I could help but I think I will leave this to the ones who know more about it.. LatinMcG I know will be able to steer you right on this just be patient and keep on researching for possible solutions.. I wish you the best..Retired Engineer

4. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    #5 abifar, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
    (OP)
    Thanks redraod ,
    but the good news is, fans run and LEDs for power and wireless and HDD is on and some blinking . Also I tried the Fn+B with a USB drive look likes, it tries to read but can not find the right file . I do not know what BIOS file (NIWE3x64.fd??) I have to use or should I make USB drive boot-able or prepare it before ?
    from yesterday i am reading the forums but I am confused now and need help. espetially to find a recovery rom v1.06 for G560
    thankx

5. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    no one please ?

6. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    I tried to send PM to LatinMcG but look like i need 5 posts , sorry for spamming:eek:

7. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm searching.. I don't understand if you were flashing bios 2.15 that is from feb. 2011 and the version on the machine was older than that?

Also 1.06 is the original Lennovo Bios?

8. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    Just a word of advice, The current state of your machine is promising however if you rush things and are not patient with the next step you could definitely make matters much worse.

9. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  10. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    #13 abifar, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    (OP)
    Hi,
    Thanks for fast replies
    I have made a bootable usb drive 1GB with fat16 than I changed the name of NIWEx203.ROM to NIWE3x64.fd and copied in USB drive. I unpluged the AC ( no battery attached) than inserted the drive to USB port at left port. than hold the keys Fn+B and pushed power bottom. The notebook started but nothing in display, all black but LEDs for power and wireless are on also CPU fan works. after 10 seconds the LED in USB flash blinked and I heard a beep 1 than 3 every like 15 seconds. continued for 15 minutes but It did not power down by itself so I had to turn it off . I turn it on again nothing still black display no POST no BIOS , what i am doing wrong ?? should I use NIWEx203.ROM or some other file ? i just renamed NIWEx203.ROM to NIWE3x64.fd because in forum said "andy's tools " or i have to find or make a NIWE3x64.fd file ? if yes how or where can i find it ?
    I extracted the NIWEx203.ROM from above link that redroad sent for BIOS update 2.03 .

and yes the original BIOS was 1.06 and never updated and the BIOS I was going to update was 2.15 . again I was doing the BIOS update that I downloaded from Lenovo site and in process software show some error and needed to be close than after restart display went black and NO POST or anything in notebook.
    anybody knows what should I do ?
    Thanks
    PS. also I do not know why usb should be botable ? because notebook does pass the BIOS staff to go to boot from USB .

11. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    try 1 ram stick also use version 1.06 if needed

12. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    where can get the V1.06 ?

13. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    what is different since i do not run them in windows to flash ? I get the rom file from them to use with USB drive recovery which both files look exactly the same.

14. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    I have no idea when you open the .ini file to get info for file name to put on USB stick if in fact there is a difference between 32 and 64 bit.

15. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    #19 redroad, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. abifar

abifar MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2012
    Hi redraod,
    Thanks , I realized the naming for file is NIWE1X64.fd but I do not know the rom i got from the BIOS update (NIWEx203.ROM) is the one that I have to change the name to or need some other change or process , also I think I need rom version 1.06 .
    Nobodyhas this rom or can make a backup from his G560 please ?

help would be appreciated guys.