Urgent help required please !!!!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mani2020, Feb 13, 2012.

1. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    I recently bought a hp g6 laptop when i received it, it had a windows7 starter so i created a recovery of it on a separate disk then after using it for 4 days i wanted to upgrade it to windows ultimate , my friend provided me with a key and said it will work for you , during upgradation when i entered the key it worked but after upgradation the status was "you have 30 days to activate the window"

I wanted to go back to my windows7 starter but didnt find a way then someone told me about the windows loader, i downloaded it disable my antivirus and remove the interent connection and then i run it there was an installation option but when i clicked it there was a message something like "an error has occured cant install loader" i repeated it for several time but same was the case ....

then i used the WAT but firstly it seemed like working then an option appeared something like "window is rebooting but wat (software) will keep on working in the background even if the screen is blank" then the window shut down and an hp logo image started to flash with an option "press escape to go to menu" first i waited that it might be working at the back end but for 45 minutes the logo and screen kept flashing in and out in kinda blinking sense ....then i pressed escape there were various options like" window reboot with SLIC loader, window reboot with default loader , window reboot without loader , window reboot with advance loader (but it may crash your system) etc" then i tried the first two option but not worked so i put in the recovery disk and recovered after spending 15 minutes then still the window didnt start then again i went to menu and clicked the third option then the window started but the trial alert was still there

please help me out on that , yesterday i was just on the verge of loosing my laptop .....

and please do inform me about whether the pirated cd of windows 7 will work for me with installing updates turned on?

2. West Swan

West Swan MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2012
    Hi mani2020

So what you are saying is you want to go with Windows 7 Starter?

If so, and if the recovery dvd you are talking about is the HP factory recovery then you simply boot from the dvd and follow the instructions.

This will wipe anything currently on the computer and return it to what was on it when it left the factory. You would need to back up any personal files etc first.

Of course there are ways of using Loaders etc to get your Windows 7 Ultimate working and activated, but my knowledge on this is quite limited.

Regards,

Paul

3. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    #4 mani2020, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    (OP)
    firstly thanks paul for your reply , secondly now a days the laptops dont come with a windows or recovery cd , there are two options for you either its a recovery drive created by company in your hard disk or either you can create it on your own by simply inserting an empty disk in the dvd-rom and following the steps mentioned by hp recovery manager ...in my case it was the second case...but now as i am using that disk the only 4 options it give are

1- Restore your system to an early point in time
    2- command prompt
    3- Recover your windows through recovery disk
    and 4th one too with somewhat similar kind

i used the 1st and 2nd option ...when i restored it ...it still restored it in windows ultimate form and when i tried to recover it the message i got after spending sometime was ..no error or harming files are detected ,the window is in running condition now you can use it safely

so now going back to the starter looks pretty awfully difficult stuff also i am looking for working with the ultimate by somewhat activating it by various means like the loader or etc if it can work perfectly fine for always

4. mani2020

mani2020 MDL Novice

Feb 13, 2012
    @Ki

how to use it can you please guide me step by step as i am not an informative person when it comes to software and computer systems you can say i am a lay man

5. West Swan

West Swan MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2012
    Sorry I thought you wanted to go back to Windows 7 Starter.

If you did, then you would have to use Options 3 or 4 to recover to it.

But hopefully you can get Ultimate working with Ki advice.

Good luck with it all :)