Usage of Windows 10 Enterprise at home possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by fred08155, Jul 25, 2016.

1. fred08155

fred08155 MDL Novice

Apr 7, 2015
    Maybe i did something stupid recently. I bought a computer with Win 10 Enterprise and Office 2014.Now i remembered these clients need reactivation every few months through KMS server.Will Windows continue to work if the KMS server is not reachable anymore?What should i check? Is there a way to use the computer without greater changes like installing Toolkit or KMS pico activators?Is it possible to configure another working (maby unofficial?) KMS server?How do i identify if the computer already was hacked to work offline and reactivate itself?

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I use Enterprise @ home and they are either MAK or OEM or Retail Key.
    and I have Office 2013 RTM OEM Retail and I also test Office 2016 as KMS. so until MS get all its DUCKS in a row, who knows what
    will actually need to be used....
    It also depends if the Local KMS Server is defeated or if it still works....
    and if need be I will make a Enterprise Edition that thinks it is Professional.

3. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Run CMD Prompt as Admin, slmgr /dlv and see what it shows o_O

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 100

100 MDL Expert

May 17, 2011
    Enterprise is VL only, so no OEM or retail.
    Use a KMS emulator if not MAK-actvated.

5. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
  6. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Since day 1 of windows 10, I use only the Entreprise version on my computer, tried Pro and Ltsb on my other computers and ditched them.

At the time, Entreprise had better control over data collection / telemetry etc ..., had to possibility to switch off a lot of that crap more easily than other versions.

Now you have excellent tools who can do that for you.

7. Saitoh

Saitoh MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2015
    @Coromonadalix It would be nice if you provide a tutorial for it, or some instructions to achieve better privacy.

8. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #9 coromonadalix, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    Only on Entreprise it seems ?? run gpedit.msc go to : Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Data Collection and Preview Builds

In right-side pane, look for "Allow Telemetry" change the settings to zero "disabled"

there was a registry trick for the other win10 versions, now it seems to be non effective ???

and finally with "MSMG ToolKit" on this forum, I was able to get rid of cortana, xbox and other apps .... it use "install wim tweak" and remove the app packages, recompile an ISO and install it, but it's not perfect.

and or with "Win 10 Toggle Tweaker (V3.4)" you can do it too "live", no need to recompile an ISO.