USB Drive not showing up + DVD Drive wont open/eject

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by sw33ts, Jun 12, 2012.

1. sw33ts

sw33ts MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    Hi all.

I have been reading about a few dif forums looking for help on this and everything that I have tried seems to not be working?!?! I have a 32gb Integral flash drive, This wont show up on my computer. It will work when I put it into a slot on my TV but I cant put any files on it because it wont work with my PC. Can anyone help me out?

Also my DVD Drive wont eject. Its all hooked up, checked the cables and the green light is on but nothing happens when I hit eject? Im lost, No DVD Burner & No flash drive ughhhh :mad:

Im running windows 7 x64
    My PC is A Dell Inspiron 530.

I really hope someone can help me and I have tried the search fucntion but nothing I have tried seems to work :(

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    Go to start and in the search box type 'Computer Management' without quotes, let me know if your device shows up in there.

Maybe uninstall your USB drivers, reboot and reinstall them.

3. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sw33ts

sw33ts MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010

I tried uninstalling all the drivers and still no joy :(
    Also it does not show up on computer management either?!?!

Heh I aint got clue Buddie :p

Here is a link to the exact flash drive I have...
    xxx.amazon.co.uk/Integral-Courier-Speed-Flash-Drive/dp/B003JRVXHA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1339564514&sr=8-3

5. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    #5 jayblok, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  6. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    Once I've faced the same problem. I can't find my DVD drive and tried every possible method to retrieve it but failed. Then I opened the cabinet and disconnected and reconnected the DVD sata port, to my utter surprise the DVD drive reappear in my computer but don't know your usb drive issue. If you like my idea about the DVD drive then try it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    As for the memory stick it is 100% worth plugging it into another system to see if it's the memory stick or your computer.

And the DVD drive, it may be your molex/sata power connector, if you have a multimeter I suggest testing your PSU. There are many guides on google to testing a PSU.

Hope this helps.

8. sw33ts

sw33ts MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2010
    Thanks for the posts all. I have sorted what was wrong with the USB, It is loose and it works if I hold it up r keep it held up with some tape, if ye know what I mean? Can the USB be fixed? Its a
    right pain in the a to keep having to fiddle around with it and get it to work! I could just buy a new one but it is a 32gb drive and I don wanna lose it altogether yano.

The DVD drive, still not working. I tried messing about with the SATA wire and it is in fine but still no dvd drive.. My next thing to do is open it with a paper clip see if that works
    if not il just buy a USB burner.