USB not working properly in win 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Cheetah64d, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Cheetah64d

Cheetah64d MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Hi.
    My system is Dell OptiPlex 740,‎‎ 2.50 GB RAM, Win7 Ultimate 64bit.
    All of a sudden - the USB ports (all 7 of them) stopped to function properly.
    Each device I plugged into the port - got recognized as 'uknown device' and doesn't function at all.
    One of the biggest problems that this cause me - I can't plug in the keyboard and the mice - I don't have PS/2 ports in this computer.
    Thing is, even out of Windows, the USB doesn't work. I'm suspecting this because the PC giving me 'Keyboard fault' everytime I restart. So I can't got to BIOS either.
    Right now I'm using special combination of USB hub attached to one of the ports, and the peripherals connected to the hub.

I'll be very happy to know what's the answer to my problems..

TY in advance.

2. x86

x86 MDL Addicted

Jul 8, 2011
    #3 x86, Sep 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cheetah64d

Cheetah64d MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    #4 Cheetah64d, Sep 13, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2011
    (OP)
    TY both, but none of the above worked..
    I d/led the USB Fix that kliu provided - which gave me as result that all my files are up-to-date.
    Tried USB View, and here is example to what I've said:
    USB view.jpg

You can see that all what connected to the hub is working, and everything else - got "Unkown Device".
    I'm gonna try what x86 suggested - remove the drivers and see what happens.
    TY, and please keep trying...

Update: I just spoke to a friend, and he told me this problem usually happens when the Win is 64bit but the drivers are of 32bit. Is it true? Could this be the reason? and how can I check this?
    TY

4. Cheetah64d

Cheetah64d MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2010
    Anyone?
    Somebody?
    Anybody?