USB pc card kill my pc. helpppppp.

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by chompi, Jul 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    i have windows XP in one computer. and because i need more USB ports i order a pci card that say is plug and ready. when i installed in a empty slot star the screen say this device dosen't pass the windows logo test and i click to keep going anyway. well now my mouse is death. i plug another mouse in the back and nothing. i can't do anything. no even enter in safe mode. (f8) no good last configuration. what i notice is that the mouse all ways has a red light under and now not. in another computer works perfect. looks like the usb has no electric power. what you think.

2. onetwo3

onetwo3 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2013
    check in device manager for devices with errors and report back with what you see.

3. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Unplug card for testing whether all gets back to normal.

Install in another slot, to exclude Interrupt problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    enter to devise manager, imposible. no way to move mouse. remove the pci card, was the first thing i did. to shoot off my pc i have to cut the power.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    F8 safemode .. click no.. restore to prior time of issue

or move PCI USB to different slot

6. onetwo3

onetwo3 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2013
    impossible? NEVER! try keyboard, press windows key then use arrows, enter, tab. experiment and you may can get to devmgr to uninstall the new card.

7. chompi

chompi MDL Member

Nov 17, 2010
    i am going to buy another Usb pci card, this one is no good. I fix the problem. i use another mouse and works. then my pc start to look for drivers for the old mouse and the keyboard. i have to look for the CD and re install those drivers and bingo. everything back to normal. what did this USB card was to damage those drivers. after that said i thank you all for your advice. case close.