USB TV tuner inhibits sleep

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by boardlord, Mar 28, 2021.

1. boardlord

boardlord MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2007
    Hi guys! I'm starting to pull my hear out... Up until today everything worked. My Hauppauge Wintv-Hvr-935 HD USB tuner was plugged into one of the rear USB slots, and the machine slept just fine.

However I noticed today that it wakes up IMMEDIATELY after it goes to sleep (in like milliseconds). I pulled out the tuner and sleep was fine. Plugged into the other rear USB slot, no sleep again.

Plugged into the front USB slot, and it sleeps fine... What gives?

Tried reinstalling the drivers, no dice. I haven't changed any settings, no Windows updates, no new drivers for other devices... What would you suggest I do? Don't want to have it plugged into the lone front USB slot...

This is an Asus PN50 NUC-like pc, with Windows 10 20H2, with latest patches and drivers.

Thanks!

2. scandal1981

scandal1981 MDL Novice

Oct 14, 2017
    Would going into Control Panel/Power Options/Edit Plan Settings and disabling "USB selective suspend setting" solve the problem?

3. boardlord

boardlord MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2007
    Nope, already tried that unfortunately....

4. boardlord

boardlord MDL Novice

Oct 16, 2007
    #4 boardlord, Mar 30, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    (OP)
    Sigh... It turns out the option "Legacy USB support" was enabled in BIOS. Disabling it helped, now sleep is not an issue anymore. The only mystery is how it got enabled...

EDIT: nope, not working. Will try with a cheap alternative, as with an older model it does sleep (but the cable slot for that is iffy so cannot use it).