Used RemoveWAT, windows suddenly knows it's not genuine again!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BWD777, Jul 27, 2010.

1. BWD777

BWD777 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2010
    Greetings!

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate edition and a month or two back I had to pop out removeWAT to get the nagging to stop. I uninstalled the update that checks validity, denied rights to windows to download ANY update EVER so it doesn't re-download and re-enable itself....
    System's been working fine. Till yesterday.
    All of a sudden when I log in I'm greeted with a big, ugly-ass screen telling me whelp, your windows isn't genuine buddy.

So wait. If removeWAT basically removes the activation part and I removed the patch\ security update, how did it "suddenly" know this?
    Moreover, what are my options now? I thought removeWAT was good, but apparently....

Sorry for the stupid first post question haha . I just want this thing to work a bit longer xD.

2. Anakunda

Anakunda MDL Senior Member

Feb 6, 2010
    As I observed from own experience RemoveWat is not 100%. A part of WAT is still sleeping there. If you got that popup, just reboot and see if the nag appears again, mine showed only rarely.

3. BWD777

BWD777 MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2010
    #3 BWD777, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
    (OP)
    Yeah I rebooted once or twice and it always comes up.
    Gah, that sucks.
    Another question, unrelated to windows 7. My friend's windowS XP SP 2's done an authentication thing too. A ten year old operating system suddenly does that. Microsoft's really on the move now =3

Edit : Okay, so bad wording. I mean what is the one thing you would recommend as being the most effective at stopping this sh*t, I seriously don't want these god d*mned nag screens bothering me while I'm doing my thing.Sorry for the bad wording earlier.