1. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    So what's the point of using the MVP tool then?

Acronis folder generated by the MVP tool makes hundreds megs.
    i don't see any interest in creating a winpe with hundreds of unused megs just there sucking up resources!

Those who have no interest in Acronis products can spare themselves such inconvenience.
    They can create a winpe as you described it with any other builder and get a tiny and very fast one knowing that they will add only few apps and a browser!

2. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Well, you didn't stopped repeating that you want to make an end to this discussion, So be it!
    But this is not how things goes here.
    You post something, everyone can reply and comment about it wether you like it or not.
    And there is no need to specify it. you have just to step out and retain yourself from responding.

i have a lot more to say about this, but 1/ this discussion is now off-topic, and 2/, i'm not a fan of monologues!
    MVP tool don't belong to the category of posted builders in this thread anyway, so we were off-topic from the beginning.
    Hope some charitable mod will see my posted crap and delete it.

3. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    #86 LittlePro, Aug 10, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Personally, since I use my own portable apps in Win10XPE, I just add desktop shortcuts instead integrating. I add the links to the "pecmd.ini" file.

5. LittlePro

LittlePro MDL Senior Member

Jan 19, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. FreeWare4Life

FreeWare4Life MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2016
  7. freddie-o

freddie-o MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Not sure if you are asking about WinPE or Multi boot USB.
    But most of those tools are integrated in WinPE. If not you can add them from the Plug-ins page.
    Then add your WinPE ISO to your multi boot USB

8. Fowler

Fowler MDL Member

Apr 1, 2013
  9. Atari800XL

Atari800XL MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    It's nice to have different choices to build your own custom PE, there have even been some great new additions lately (like SloreLee's new "WimBuilder2"), but some of these projects can be a bit "challenging" for some (first time) users. On the other hand they're great for advanced users, you can actually learn a lot from studying the code, etc.

ChrisR's Win10XPE just has the unique combination of being extremely powerful while being easy to use, and these days ChrisR manages all the code himself, with the added benefit of being free of all the politics and drama of the old fights on the forums.

I actually think a lot of MDL users could solve a lot of their problems with one of these PE USB's, with some nice tools for backup (Terabyte Image for Windows, Acronis, Macrium) and OS setup (WinNTSetup by JFX, even allows direct apply of UUP files, great for quick W10-preview build tests).