User Name and Password Wanted....

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by John Grey, Jun 17, 2013.

1. John Grey

John Grey MDL Junior Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Good morning,:coffee:,

I just had a minor panic attack... I had shut down Win 7 Ulti (Daz Loader 2.1) as always last night, and I started it as always this morning. I got as far as a screen that has the User Logo in the middle (which it usually never does, it usually shows the orangeflower, this morning it was empty, seems it could not access that either) and when I simply pressed enter, I was asked to "Enter Username and password". This has never happened before so I entered the Username. I have never entered or used a Password after installing, and I received the message: "Wrong Username or Password"....

I switched it off again on and got lucky, this time it started up normally, and so I can write this...

Basically my question is, what to do, if this happens again and it will not work after re-starts either... and if there is a reason for that behaviour, that can be corrected (I was downloading torrents, but I did not install any new software the day before, or made any changes at my set up)

Thanks for taking the time, JG

2. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Boot a password removal disk like Hirens Boot CD and remove passwords on accounts

Sounds like maybe your user account was either not loaded correctly or corrupted

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Temporary fluke. It can happen, for example, if the user registry hive couldn't be unloaded correctly at the last shutdown (because a program still locked parts of it).

You should do a chkdsk /f to rule out a failing disk/file system. And, of course, having a backup (or two) of all important data will let you sleep much better.

4. John Grey

Apr 12, 2012
    "Temporary fluke" seems to be correct... Still, I am getting acopy of Nirens Boot CD anyway. The HDD is fine, and it is good to be reminded of making a back-up update more often than just every 6 months.... :eek:

5. John Grey

Apr 12, 2012
    Thanks works great, but a few questions, if you do not mind?

I assume this is sort of a final version, as no updates have made for a long period?

Which of the back-up tools is usually recommended to copy my Desktop HDD to an external HDD?
    This one sounds like it does what I want it to do: "XXClone 0.58.0 - The simple way to clone a Windows disk to another disk, it makes a self-bootable clone of Windows system disk. (Windows Freeware)"

If I do a clean install of Win7Ulti, is "Active Kill Disk 4.1.2393" the way to start?

When I use my VPN, the connection sometimes breaks off, is "Complete Internet Repair 1.3.1.1315" a tool for this, usually I disconnect and conct to another place?

Thanks.... JG

6. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    It is now more like a skeleton, you can use HBCDCustomizer to modify/add your own stuff.

What you use exactly to achieve your goal is up to you, there is no 'best'. The CD is only a collection, the tools itself are unmodified (thus you can look them up at the creators' websites).

7. Katchdun

Katchdun MDL Novice

May 24, 2013
    Thank you for sharing your experience.