User-Pinned Tiles Gone from Start Screen

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Dragon Drop, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Dragon Drop

Dragon Drop MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    This morning I found that my Start Screen had reverted to its factory setting. All the tiles I had deleted (Ebay, Netflix, Music, Games, and so on) were back again, and all the tiles I had added were gone -- about 60 tiles that were links to my folders and to certain programs, etc. Almost all of the links were to desktop apps or folders. I could pin them all back again, but I don't have a list of them. My desktop and my data are OK, but I need those tiles back. I've been on the phone with Microsoft, and they did a system restore from 12/26, but it didn't restore the tiles even though they were there yesterday. If I could just find a list of their names, it would be enough. Is there any folder that they might be in, or any other way to find such a list?

2. BigW

BigW MDL Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Are you loggin in with the same user or did you change the user-account? Every user has it own tiles/apps installed?

3. Dragon Drop

Dragon Drop MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    Yes, my computer only has one account.

4. hb860

hb860 MDL Expert

May 7, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dragon Drop

Dragon Drop MDL Novice

Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks. My problem was just that I didn't have a list of all the tiles I had pinned and couldn't remember what all of them were. Since then I've looked through all the folders and I think I've found them all.

6. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Pinning apps which you couldn't remember are useless for you and you really didn't should pin them again (if you remember them i a year or so!!)!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...