USER32.dll missing error whenever I try to start any 32bit programs on 64bit Win7 !

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by gn2, Jan 17, 2012.

1. gn2

gn2 MDL Novice

May 16, 2011
    I'm about to pull all my hair out....

I've been trying to fix my 64bit Win7 Ultimate installation that started giving me grief about being "not genuine". Somehow I now get a USER32.dll missing error every time I try to open a 32 bit program.

How do I fix this without re-installing windows ???

I have the original disc, but I can't seem to find anything anywhere on it remotely similar, I've searched and read everything I can find for about 4 hours now, and all I seem to be able to find is the same old tired crap about buying something to fix it....

This happened after running WAT fix and trying to install the newest DAZ Loader, I'm sure I screwed up something, but now I just want to get it back to normal.

2. gn2

gn2 MDL Novice

May 16, 2011
    Update, wouldn't you know it, as soon as I made this post, I found this a tutorial on SevenForums about how to extract files from your installation dvd....

Copied the missing file from my installation disc to the desktop, then replaced it in the correct folder, voila, working again....

3. Death Runner II

Death Runner II MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2012
    If you have the install disc, run a Windows repair and try to recover the missing dll manually.