USERS windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by night.fox, Jan 16, 2010.

1. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Good day to all.

I am not sure if this is already ask and answered but I have a question about users.

When I was using XP, i used to delete the default users and leave only my username, administrator and all users.

How about here on win 7, can I removed or delete Default User, Default, Public, leaving only my username and all users?

Is there any impact on my machine?

thanks

2. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I belive it is ok dude. My advise would be to google that and see what other people are saying. If you cannot find anything then I would manually make a system restore point right before you delete anything. You can do that by "Right-Clicking" "My Computer" and selecting "Properties". Then "System Protection", then "Create a system checkpoint". At that point remove the accounts that you want to and reboot. If anything goes wrong then just restore the checkpoint I told you to make. If for some reason that fails to restore(It does that alot) then boot your win7 install disk and select "Repair" when it boots up and then select "system restore"(This will let you use the same tool that you would use in the windows environment only it is more reliable then the installed version. Anyway, I hope this helps you out and good luck >)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Thanks mate. I'll try that later and come back as soon as i'm done converting some video files....

4. night.fox

night.fox MDL Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Okay I have deleted public, defaul and default user... restart, nothing happens ^_^ except the public folders are gone but that is okay for me.... thanks for the help mate

5. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    your welcome dude. Glad to hear it worked for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...